Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I build my PC June 2012 according as suggested in this thread back then http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/08/building-customac-buyers-guide-2012.html
For some reason I did not manage to complete the installation... something I did wrong and I just returned to using windows. Ever since then I always wanted to go for second attempt at making my pc a hackintosh.
I'm in the digital art and design field and really want to try an os x system.

So the components I have are as follow:

ivy bridge core i7 3770k
motherboard gigabyte ga z77x-ud5h
4x4gb corsait vengeance 1600hz RAM

year ago I upgraded the pc plugging a gigabyte GTX 760 2gb video card

psu: seasonic 620w silver
1tb WD green
120gb ssd a-data ...

So I was wondering whether I should be looking at mountain lion os x 10.8.x or a newer version of os x.

I've been away from the hackintosh game for a while so my knowledge is a little outdated...
Also a friend of mine has a Maverick on his macbook... if that is going to help with making the bootable usb.

Thanks !

Edit: I am willing to buy additional HDD/SSD for the OS X.

Actually, you've got highly compatible hardware, so installing any version of MacOS 10.7.x/10.8.x/10.9.x would not require any effort if you follow the manual :thumbup:. If I were you, I would have installed 10.9.5 or waited for the minor release of Yosemite (10.10.1?) - in its current state it is not trivial to install/boot on a hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back