Contribute
Register

Not Sure what to do now HP 4530s Mountain Lion Installed Multibeat installed reboot Panic crash eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
UpDate I used the HP probook installer and everything seems to work ok. I can now boot to HDD but have to use ignore casche no ideal why that works. My wifi comes on for a few minutes the goes off and does not show up in network settings. Where do i get the Kext to makes these work and how do i fix the ignore casche thing. Thanks for any help you have to offer. This site is the best site I have ever found the folks seem willing to help even noobs like me. RehabMan that you for the help so far I have gotten allot further in this quest because of you.

You need the AHCI patch mentioned in my post...

Thanks RehabMan. BTW I have the same machine spec's that you have. I boot with the -v switch I hang up on [IOBluetoothHCIController: : setConfigState] calling registerService. After a minute or two I get Still waiting for root service. I installed the patch kext you told me about and rebooted this is where i get to. thanks again for the time and help. One question the patch files I got ends in .pl not .kext is that normal also where do i get kexts for like Bluetooth for the 4530s and the wireless.

Ok figured out to run the .pl aa a pearl script from terminal now I can boot great no issues and even Bluetooth working. Still can not get wireless to work the radio is on but not recognized in network setup. What kexts do i use for wireless on this machine. Again the spec's are the same as ReHabNab has.

Ok figured out to run the .pl aa a pearl script from terminal now I can boot great no issues and even Bluetooth working. Still can not get wireless to work the radio is on but not recognized in network setup. What kexts do i use for wireless on this machine. Again the spec's are the same as ReHabNab has.

You need Atheros for wifi to work. You laptop could have Realtek or Ralink and either of those is a no-go. Your options include buying a USB based wifi adapter with Mac support, or replacing the internal Wifi card with a compatible Atheros.

I checked and Mine is an Atheros AR9285 adapter I need a kexts to install for this I guess unless you have a suggestion for me to try thanks.

I checked and Mine is an Atheros AR9285 adapter I need a kexts to install for this I guess unless you have a suggestion for me to try thanks.

Atheros 9285 should work no problem, assuming you have ARPT patch in DSDT. Is your DSDT from Probook installer? You can also patch your own: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

But if you are already using the DSDT from tegezee's installer, it should be working. Sometimes, you have to turn it on/off with the Wifi button at top right of your laptop keyboard. Press the button and be patient -- it takes a while to respond. I've never had to do this, but some people have had trouble getting it going and have had to "kickstart" it by going into Windows or Linux.

What do you see in Network Prefs?

Atheros 9285 should work no problem, assuming you have ARPT patch in DSDT. Is your DSDT from Probook installer? You can also patch your own: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

But if you are already using the DSDT from tegezee's installer, it should be working. Sometimes, you have to turn it on/off with the Wifi button at top right of your laptop keyboard. Press the button and be patient -- it takes a while to respond. I've never had to do this, but some people have had trouble getting it going and have had to "kickstart" it by going into Windows or Linux.

What do you see in Network Prefs?

In Network pref is just shows the Ethernet adapter not connected and connected if I plug it in hardwired. Nothing for wireless. When I try to turn the wireless radio off and on it does not respond at all the button in top right shows light but will not go off or on by pushing it just stay with the lite on. I completely re installed everything and just used HP probook installer this time. NOw I am back to where i was everything seems to work except the wireless.

Finally got the wireless to work. Seem somehow it got turned off in the bios. Not sure how I did it but it had to be me. Just want to say thanks to ReHabMan I now have a triple boot system that works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back