Contribute
Register

Not-So-Mini Build: Core i7-2700k - GA-H61N-USB3 - 16GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
tradolan said:
I like the look of it, and the parts seems to be of high quality as well.

Thanks.

Still looking for a good HSF for over clocking. I may have to relocate the power supply to make this work out. Not that hard in this case, but I'll have to break out the dremel tool and a drill if i have to go that hard core. Option #2 - water cooling...

macs_forever said:
denisberea said:
Can you put some images of the system and the case? I want to make an idea. Thank you ;)

Oh! sure, maybe not until tomorrow though
No problem :wave:

Right side, behind the motherboard panel:
IMG_0172.jpg

Front with DVD removed:
IMG_0174.JPG

Bottom:
IMG_0175.jpg

Top:
IMG_0177.jpg

Inside the left side angled from front to back with PS in:
IMG_0178.jpg

The back:
IMG_0181.jpg

The Micro-ATX Power supply outside the case:
IMG_0182.JPG

Motherboard Tray with PS removed (3 shots):
IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

Do U have any problems with the temps? What are your measured temps inside?

No problems, but I haven't attempted over clocking yet. I thought the stock HSF was insufficient for over clocking. Current temps are roughly 43c at cores with 50c spikes under heavy load. Case temps tend to be 2-5c below core temps. The whole setup only has 3 fans. an 80mm in the PSU, the 100mm fan on the CPU. 140mm at the front of the case.

IIRC, the H boards don't OC. The P and Z and X mobos are designed for OC'ing. You can burn out a H mobo in a heartbeat if you're not care.

Stork said:
IIRC, the H boards don't OC. The P and Z and X mobos are designed for OC'ing. You can burn out a H mobo in a heartbeat if you're not care.

OC'ing primarily through the multiplier. This board does allow that. It allows voltage changes too but I won't change memory settings and any voltage changes would be slight.

I am thinking of building a Micro to take on the road, I play in a band need the boost in speed. This case is perfect.

Is the power supply too weak? I always thought that you needed something like 650w to run a lot of this stuff. Sorry for the noob question, I'm sure you know what you're doing - which is why I'm asking.

Thanks in advance!

rjperciful said:
I am thinking of building a Micro to take on the road, I play in a band need the boost in speed. This case is perfect.

Is the power supply too weak? I always thought that you needed something like 650w to run a lot of this stuff. Sorry for the noob question, I'm sure you know what you're doing - which is why I'm asking.

Thanks in advance!

No, as the calculator in page 1 indicates, I have plenty of power. However, it will take a full sized PSU. I just wanted a little extra room in the case. A full sized PSU with the 4 drive cage installed (not pictured) is a very tight fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back