Contribute
Register

Not Shy's Guide - Potentially Fix Bluetooth Sleep/Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found a really cool kext that does a similar function. But, it injects Apple's own bluetooth id's with it, so you can actually turn it off and on, and the system thinks it's an official internal module.

Just put your device and vendor ID's where I've marked "TYPEIDHERE" in the info.plist.

Copy to S/L/E and run kext utility.

Attachments

• BroadcomAppleBluetooth.kext.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 402
speeding_ant said:
I've found a really cool kext that does a similar function. But, it injects Apple's own bluetooth id's with it, so you can actually turn it off and on, and the system thinks it's an official internal module.

Just put your device and vendor ID's where I've marked "TYPEIDHERE" in the info.plist.

What about those of us who have CSR? :( BTW, what similar function are you talking about exactly? The only thing I can't do is wake my rig from my magic mouse. If functions perfectly outside of that.

It fixes sleep wake for broadcom dongles. All it does it reference the particular chipset, inject Apple's vendor/product id to fool the system into thinking it's an internal Apple bluetooth module. It enables wake with Bluetooth, and it also allows you to turn the dongle on and off. Give the appearance of a more vanilla setup.

Presumably you could edit the plist to reference the correct driver for your bluetooth module to make it work. However, I can't try or test this.

speeding_ant said:

Great find, going to try this after a feed and shower :thumbup:

speeding_ant said:

:thumbup: Wow you're actually on to something here. I followed your instructions and used Kext Beast to install the kext. Afterwards I copied the kext to the Extra/Extension folder.

Now for the first time I have wake from sleep and I am able to use the wireless keyboard in Chameleon! Thanks dude!

I experimented with removing the IOBluetoothFamily.kext and just using yours. However when I did the Bluetooth options disappeared from System Preferences. So it's not a complete stand alone solution.

The only bluetooth issue that remains for me is the mouse intermittently skipping around the screen. It's annoying but hardly the end of the world.

Good to hear! I think this kext is a better option than editing Apple's kext, as it will last through system updates. Not saying that Not Shy's discovery wasn't awesome :headbang:

speeding_ant said:
It fixes sleep wake for broadcom dongles. All it does it reference the particular chipset, inject Apple's vendor/product id to fool the system into thinking it's an internal Apple bluetooth module. It enables wake with Bluetooth, and it also allows you to turn the dongle on and off. Give the appearance of a more vanilla setup.

Presumably you could edit the plist to reference the correct driver for your bluetooth module to make it work. However, I can't try or test this.

How would I go about doing this? I have the plist open and I see a few refrences for Broadcom but I'm not sure what to put there exactly.

I honestly can't help you here. I don't have that particular donglem so cannot test. I presume you have to call on the CSR kext then load a specific driver for your chipset.

Did updating to 10.6.6 break any of the working configs out there?

I can't seem to get Dongles to work that I thought did in 10.6.5 but I could be going bonkers :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back