Contribute
Register

Not Shy's Guide - Potentially Fix Bluetooth Sleep/Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
nonane85 said:
Please help. My bluetooth on boardcom chip 2045. I use kext

Sleep work. if restart os x many fake bluetooth device and mouse not work. Sorry my English.

Clear bluetooth device list with command:
sudo mv /var/root/library/preferences/blued.plist /var/root/library/preferences/blued.plist.old
sudo mv /library/preferences/com.apple.bluetooth.plist /library/preferences/com.apple.bluetooth.plist.old

I purchased the Trust 2400p mentioned in the OP. Initially I found my vendor ID to be 0, obviously knowing the vendor ID mentioned by notshy I added this to the kext - no change.

I then proceeded to go to USB on the left column, see picture below.
Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 18.55.36.png

Click on my BT device and found a completely different product ID to what was mentioned under Bluetooth. I then converted the two values given here to decimal and added to the kext. I now have working wake from sleep.

+1 Cheers man :thumbup:
Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 18.59.05.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 18.55.36.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 18.55.36.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 347
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 18.59.05.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 18.59.05.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 336
Thanks for this post/thread! I was using an old D-Link DBT-120 (B3) that was never flashed and never allowed my keyboard to wake. I found that another bluetooth dongle I had sitting here was a Broadcom one, same vendor as not shy. I added the product ID to the IOBluetoothFamily kext and voila, my keyboard can wake my machine, hooray!

Hy everyone!

I have an old bluetooth dongle that uses the Cambridge Silicon Radio chip and the Product ID and Vendor ID show up in Bluetooth and USB section of System Information.

Code:
Bluetooth USB Host Controller:

Product ID:	0x0001
  Vendor ID:	0x0a12  (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.)
  Version:	19.58
  Speed:	Up to 12 Mb/sec
  Location ID:	0x1a150000 / 4
  Current Available (mA):	500
  Current Required (mA):	0

Tried to do the trick in the first post and noticed that the product and vendor ids were already in the Info.plist file.

The problem is that the "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" is greyed out.

Is there a way to fix this?

I have the same thing too, my Vendor ID and Product ID are already in the plist file.^

I have just ordered the IOGear BT adaptor, but it has to ship from the USA to Japan, so will probably be about a week or so to get here.

Amazon.jp have them, but they are selling for around $70!!!

Hello Guy's

I new to the hackintosh community i have my Hack up and running on OSX 10.8.5 without any problems
But i have a bluetooth adapter a ISSCCEDRBTA

DEV-ID: 0x1001Fabrikantcode: 0x1131

I want to get bluetooth wake working and so i don't have usb key and mouse connected to my Hackintosh to use it

Is there anybody that can solve this problem?

Thanks

Kenneth

Just want to say thanks Not Shy, this got my Bluetooth working in my Hackintosh!

Hi! I've managed to enable a built-in Bluetooth module on my motherboard on High Sierra using the described method (replaced vendor id and device id in the original kext file). Should it be done it using this method, or there's some newer way to do it with "Kernel and Kext patches" in clover plist file? AirDrop still doesn't work. There's even no Airdrop folder in Finder. Do I need a working Wi-Fi device set up to use AirDrop, Continuity and Handoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back