Motherboard
MSI z97 Gaming 5
CPU
Hey guys

Installed El Capitan 10.11.6 on hardware
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
16Gb RAM Kingston 2133Mhz
HIS Radeon 5770
SSD OCZ 120Gb - Installed Windows (NTFS)
SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb - Mac OS
SSD Kingston 30Gb - DropBox (NTFS)
HDD WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 - Drive by WD to 2TB of Ed series for file storage (NTFS)

And with the last drive I have problem. Disk Utility and Tuxera sees it but to mount it, it does not want. At the same time, with access to other NTFS drives - no problem.

You can tell what the problem is and how to fix it?

Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 17.36.46.png

Hey guys

Installed El Capitan 10.11.6 on hardware
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
16Gb RAM Kingston 2133Mhz
HIS Radeon 5770
SSD OCZ 120Gb - Installed Windows (NTFS)
SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb - Mac OS
SSD Kingston 30Gb - DropBox (NTFS)
HDD WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 - Drive by WD to 2TB of Ed series for file storage (NTFS)

And with the last drive I have problem. Disk Utility and Tuxera sees it but to mount it, it does not want. At the same time, with access to other NTFS drives - no problem.

You can tell what the problem is and how to fix it?

View attachment 210701
Windows LDM is a process that allows the creation of dynamic drives. These drives can span across multiple physical disks like a raid configuration, but all done in software. This Windows LDM format uses NTFS to write data, but in a different way. This prevents the disk from working as an external drive and prevents OS X from reading its data.

I ran into this issue myself. I attempted to follow some guides out there to convert my own dynamic drive into a basic drive without losing the data. Something went wrong, however, and I'm still trying to figure out how to recover my data. I would suggest getting the data off the disk and reformatting it in OS X as NTFS.

Windows LDM is a process that allows the creation of dynamic drives

Thanks man for the hint. I just converted GPT to MBR partition. It took only five minutes time. And all the information is preserved.

It's very simple. I decided for this purpose to use the program Paragon Hard Disk Manager. In this program, you need to choose our GPT disk, click on it, right click and in the pop-up menu, select "Convert from GPT to MBR". Once we have agreed with all the warnings, you need to apply the selected changes by clicking on the appropriate button on the toolbar. This will start the conversion process. In certain cases, you may need to restart your computer for the conversion. After we get a disc with the usual boot record and data intact.

Thanks for the write-up! I spent a few hours last night messing with my drive and fixed it using the same tool I broke it with: TestDisk. Recovering 2TB of data is such a good feeling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back