Contribute
Register

Not install ASRock H81M-ITX Core i3-4330 3,5Mh integrated graphics on the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently i have pretty much fully working Mavericks. Sound works, Graphics acceleration works, Wi-fi, LAN, Sleep and wake. I have also underclocked my i3 to 2800Mhz to cut down on power consumption. Currently i have my iMac g4 15" lcd and my whole system plugged to a 90W chieftec power supply and this whole setup is drawing 33W from the socked idle and 45W while playing The Walking Dead. According to my very cheap power meter.

Hey. I saw that you managed to install 10.9 on your hardware which is similar to mine. I too managed to install, which is my first Hackintosh, but I have freezes and my LAN doesn't work.

When I installed 10.9 I did the multi beast install installing AtherosL1cEthernet v1.2.3, Audio, USB 3.0, etc. I connected LAN via cable and it worked fine so I could use the internet. After reboot, however, I wasn't able to do that. I checked the network connection status and it was red. I tried the cable with my Macbook pro and my windows PC and it worked fine, so it isn't my router or the cable I used.

As I said before, I also experience freezes. They appear randomly and I cannot figure out the source. Sometimes it happens only a few minutes after I boot into the system, and sometimes it won't happen for hours.

I attached a screen with drivers I installed and settings I chose

If this is of any importance, I chose the Mac Pro definition 3.1.

You mentioned that you don't have any issues with your system at the moment. Could you, or anybody else reading this, please help me to install correct drivers and choose correct settings? I'd appreciate that very much!

I also get the following message (translation): the kernel extension under system/library/extensions/genericusbxhci.kext doesn't come from an authorized developer but it will be installed ...

My system is:i7 4771
Asrock H81M-Itx
HD4600
Crucial M500 250 Gb
8 Gb RAM 1600 Mhz

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-10 um 10.24.50.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-10 um 10.24.50.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 342
iMaladec,
Haswell motherboards/processor are much more sensitive to memory and PSU used in a system. I recommend you check with ASRock to see if your memory is compatible with your motherboard. Also check to see if your PSU is Haswell compatible (The big Haswell PSU compatibility list).

iMaladec,
Haswell motherboards/processor are much more sensitive to memory and PSU used in a system. I recommend you check with ASRock to see if your memory is compatible with your motherboard. Also check to see if your PSU is Haswell compatible (The big Haswell PSU compatibility list).

I checked and found out that neither the memory, nor the PSU is on the list. My PSU, however, is this one: Be quiet Pure PowerL8

Is it possible that I have those freezes due to wrong network driver or something related to network as I cannot connect to the inet?

I checked and found out that neither the memory, nor the PSU is on the list. My PSU, however, is this one: Be quiet Pure PowerL8

Is it possible that I have those freezes due to wrong network driver or something related to network as I cannot connect to the inet?
Your motherboard manual will list the audio and network chipsets. Make sure that you selected the corresponding chipset drives in MultiBeast.

However, from what we've seen so far on the "Haswell Freezes", compatible memory and PSU are the components that seem to cause the freeze problems. Haswell processors low power idle state can cause compatibility problems with both memory and PSUs which is why I called it to your attention. There is also the possibility that the freeze problem could be caused by Mavericks 10.9.2, but that's not substantiated by anything other than speculation.

If you are multi booting with other OS's, do you have your problems with any of the other OS's?

Your motherboard manual will list the audio and network chipsets. Make sure that you selected the corresponding chipset drives in MultiBeast.

Did that and managed to get internet. Thanks.

However, from what we've seen so far on the "Haswell Freezes", compatible memory and PSU are the components that seem to cause the freeze problems. Haswell processors low power idle state can cause compatibility problems with both memory and PSUs which is why I called it to your attention. There is also the possibility that the freeze problem could be caused by Mavericks 10.9.2, but that's not substantiated by anything other than speculation.

I'll keep an eye on this one. If the freezes keep coming up, I'll change the PSU and then the RAM choosing one from the list you posted and from the the list recommended by Asrock.

If you are multi booting with other OS's, do you have your problems with any of the other OS's?

I boot from a single OS ...

I've got one more question. I read here on the forum about a tweak - or sth. like that - with which I can check and monitor how the cpu is currently working (multiplicator, Mhz, etc.). Could you tell me what it is and where I can find it?

hello people,

I have a question about Bios patching for AsRock h81m-itx. I have searched in the forums how to patch the BIOS with pmpatch/UEFI software, but I could not perform it. The latest bios on asrock website is .rom format, and I got stuck on the process on both softwares - pmpatch or uefi tool.

Could anyone help me?

Please read the rules and complete the profile information for you system so that it appears in the left side bar below you used ID. This way people can respond without having to refer back to the first post.

And I might point out that you can find answers to many questions by using the search function before asking your question in a posting.

Then on your ASRock motherboard system, I suggest that you look at the Clover/Mavericks as Clover can patch the BIOS on the fly in most cases. You do need to use the guide and follow it closely.

Good modding,
neil

Sorry for a delayed response.
You will find a lot of information how to patch your bios and how to flash it in this forum.
The programs you will need: PMPatch and afuwin.
With afuwin, i used afudos from the aptio folder to extract and flash my bios under MS-DOS.
The program is needed because the modded bios file is not from Asrock and normal methods wont work.

I made a DSDT and SSDT for this motherboard too. The DSDT barely compiled, i dont know how much benefit i am gaining from it. I am attaching them to this post.

Currently i have pretty much fully working Mavericks. Sound works, Graphics acceleration works, Wi-fi, LAN, Sleep and wake. I have also underclocked my i3 to 2800Mhz to cut down on power consumption. Currently i have my iMac g4 15" lcd and my whole system plugged to a 90W chieftec power supply and this whole setup is drawing 33W from the socked idle and 45W while playing The Walking Dead. According to my very cheap power meter.

When you have your BIOS sorted, i can help you with some boot flags if you continue to have problems.

Anyway, this motherboard is not that bad afterall.

Hello! How did you modified your bios? I made backup my bios by afudos and ftk... and afuwin. All of this bios have the same size. In UEFItool show as UEFI image. I tried to patch backup by pmpatch and uefipatch and have not any positive results. PMpatch showed: not found any modules to patch.
p.s. sorry for my bad english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back