Contribute
Register

Not install ASRock H81M-ITX Core i3-4330 3,5Mh integrated graphics on the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
win7
CPU
Atom 1660
Graphics
GMA 3150
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hello! I searched the forum new to hakintosh. Can not install, using UniBeast Install OS X on Mavericks guide. Constant reboot with any flags -x, -v, -f. My configuration ASRock H81M-ITS Core i3-4330 lga1150 integrated graphics on the motherboard. Help, the on the desired path, thank you for any information.

Seen on the forum that for motherboard BIOS must ASRock remodel, but it seems this applies to LGA 1155, and I have a LGA 1150, I need to change?

I also have an Asrock H81M-ITX motherboard and i3-4330 cpu.
I am currently installing Mavericks with UniBeast prepared usb drive.

Bios patching with pmpatch is required for this motherboard to get past the bootloop.
I updated my bios from Asrock to lastest (1.60 ??) and then extracted the bios with MS-DOS booting usb drive and using afudos. Patched the extracted bios file in my windows machine and flashed the bios with afudos.

Getting Mavericks to install with UniBeast prepared drive i used bootflags: PCIRootUID=1
This is my second attempt at installing Mavericks, the first time i used flags -v -x. These for some reason no longer worked :/

Ill update some more if i get this new install to boot.

And yeah. saving money to buy this motherboard was the biggest mistake of my build, should have gone for Gigabyte :D

Thanks for the answer. I have bad English. And I do not understand how and what to change in the BIOS that was not constantly reboot. The official version of the BIOS, I updated to 1.6.

Sorry for a delayed response.
You will find a lot of information how to patch your bios and how to flash it in this forum.
The programs you will need: PMPatch and afuwin.
With afuwin, i used afudos from the aptio folder to extract and flash my bios under MS-DOS.
The program is needed because the modded bios file is not from Asrock and normal methods wont work.

I made a DSDT and SSDT for this motherboard too. The DSDT barely compiled, i dont know how much benefit i am gaining from it. I am attaching them to this post.

Currently i have pretty much fully working Mavericks. Sound works, Graphics acceleration works, Wi-fi, LAN, Sleep and wake. I have also underclocked my i3 to 2800Mhz to cut down on power consumption. Currently i have my iMac g4 15" lcd and my whole system plugged to a 90W chieftec power supply and this whole setup is drawing 33W from the socked idle and 45W while playing The Walking Dead. According to my very cheap power meter.

When you have your BIOS sorted, i can help you with some boot flags if you continue to have problems.

Anyway, this motherboard is not that bad afterall.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    41.8 KB · Views: 476
  • SSDT.aml
    592 bytes · Views: 339
Hello everyone,

I am new at this (and no english speaker). After read a lot I made a bootable USB installer for mavericks (previously downloaded in a virtual machine) using unibeast. I think is correct because in my Dell laptop i can reach THE installation screen with the usb.

But....

In my:

asrock H81M-HDS 1150
i3 4130 haswell
4gb 1600 RAM

Iget the boot selector from the USB, but just when grey screen with Apple appears, in less than a second PC restarts.

I tried -v, -x.... With no success.

can anybody help me install this os?

I also bought a asus nvidia gt610, but can not install It because my tower is a slim case.

para los hispano parlantes,

ayuda por favor!!

:banghead:

Hello everyone,

I am new at this (and no english speaker). After read a lot I made a bootable USB installer for mavericks (previously downloaded in a virtual machine) using unibeast. I think is correct because in my Dell laptop i can reach THE installation screen with the usb.

But....

In my:

asrock H81M-HDS 1150
i3 4130 haswell
4gb 1600 RAM

Iget the boot selector from the USB, but just when grey screen with Apple appears, in less than a second PC restarts.

I tried -v, -x.... With no success.

can anybody help me install this os?

I also bought a asus nvidia gt610, but can not install It because my tower is a slim case.

para los hispano parlantes,

ayuda por favor!!

:banghead:

The restart problem is due to locked CPU MSRs. You need to patch the kernel (or use patched BIOS). For patching the kernel, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

Your title says i3-4330, but the body says i3-4130. Which one do you have? The 4130 has desktop HD4400 graphics (not natively supported), where the 4330 has HD4600 which is natively supported.

There is some effort to see if desktop HD4400 can be made to work, but the results are inconclusive so far: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...4600-graphics-not-supported-4.html#post765200

Thankyou for THe fast reply!

As there is no support for hd4400, yet, I'll back to THe store asking for a gpu swap. I have to look for a low profile gpu OOB, because my tower is a slim one. Any suggestion?

ty again!

Thankyou for THe fast reply!

As there is no support for hd4400, yet, I'll back to THe store asking for a gpu swap. I have to look for a low profile gpu OOB, because my tower is a slim one. Any suggestion?

ty again!

Look CPUs up at ark.intel to see what they have (you can just google). If you google i3-4330 you will see it has HD4600 whereas the i3-4130 has HD4400.

yes, i Know it, but processor can't be refund or swap...

so my cheapest option is adquire a pcie card. In THe store Will refund my money or swap THe card I bought this morning for another compatible with my case.

I opened a thread with my buid.​

yes, i Know it, but processor can't be refund or swap...

so my cheapest option is adquire a pcie card. In THe store Will refund my money or swap THe card I bought this morning for another compatible with my case.

I opened a thread with my buid.​

Or you could join in and see if the HD4400 can be made to work...

I know HD4400 on mobile works (I have one and it works perfectly), so I suspect desktop can be made to work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back