Contribute
Register

Not going to Sleep after set time

If wondering if it’s your FindMy app

When you open it up, do you have anyone listed under “People”?
Just shows:

Me
Locating ....

and then I have my kids iPads which shows....

iCloud username
This person shares location with you....

no need for BlueToolFixup.kext

best to re visit:
I have also remapped the usb ports, I had to use BluetoolFixup.kext otherwise the Asus BT400 does not work. The machine still did not go to sleep when left alone.

Thank you

Thank you, will have a look at that. I do use a usb bluetooth dongle, do that make any difference with the usb mapping.
could also stop from sleeping correctly

could also stop from sleeping correctly
Good point, so just to rule out that issue I remade the EFI without the BluetoolFixup.kext. Rebooted the machine, logged in and left it for about 30mins but issue remains so hopefully it is not this but something else.
Thank you

Good point, so just to rule out that issue I remade the EFI without the BluetoolFixup.kext. Rebooted the machine, logged in and left it for about 30mins but issue remains so hopefully it is not this but something else.
Thank you
may be worth running these commands in terminal:

Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

reboot, reset nvram

and then in terminal (after the computer has booted and been left for 5 mins or so)

Code:
sudo pmset -g assertions
and copy paste the result here

may be worth running these commands in terminal:

Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

reboot, reset nvram

and then in terminal (after the computer has booted and been left for 5 mins or so)

Code:
sudo pmset -g assertions
and copy paste the result here
Hiya,

File attached.

After resetting NVRAM and the machine re-started it left it for 10mins without logging in and it went to sleep by itself, and i thought it was fixed. Logged in and left it for another 15 mins but it did not go to sleep.

I than re-run the bits in terminal, rebooted, waited for 5 mins and run the last command to generate the attached file.

Thank you

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output1.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 9
Just an update on other thing I have tried, but no success.

I have also tried removing everyone that was showing under FindMyapp, switch off handoff, disconnected all usb device, but the machine does still does not go to sleep when left alone.

Thank you

Hiya,

File attached.

After resetting NVRAM and the machine re-started it left it for 10mins without logging in and it went to sleep by itself, and i thought it was fixed. Logged in and left it for another 15 mins but it did not go to sleep.

I than re-run the bits in terminal, rebooted, waited for 5 mins and run the last command to generate the attached file.

Thank you
looks like a bluetooth issue

Back