GeForce GT 240
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi folks,
Ive been using a Hackintosh that was built for me 3-4 years ago, running 10.6. It's the machine at the heart of my music studio. Following a software update to Amplitube I've found out I need 10.7 as a minimum. Not knowing anyone else with a Hackintosh I thought I'd take the plunge an do the update my self.
Im following the process outlined in http://tonymacx86.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html
I've got to step 3.3 but I've no Chimera to select. The options I'm faced with are 3 icons Lion USB, Lion MAC2 or Snow Leopard Recovery. (MAC2 is the name of the main partition I use. Recovery was set up by the guy that built the machine.) Taking the gamble I went for Lion USB and found myself at step 3.4. The installation seemed to go ok - took around 20mins. I skipped 3.5-14 as suggested. At step 3.15 the only option was MAC2 or Recovery. I restarted and again didn't get the Chimera options - just the same as before. Selecting Lion MAC2 brought the machine back to life but it's still on 10.6.8. Everything has been wiped (I thought backup was a precaution and this would be like a the standard update I do on my other macs - ouch!)

Is this all normal? Should I continue the final steps? I thought that 10.7 should have been installed by step 3.19 stage with the final few stages using Multibeast to get the drivers etc?

Looking forward to hearing back from you all.
Cheers
Fraser

Just as an update. 30 mins after posting I booted up my machine to find that everything seemed to be ok - complete with Lion installation and not a thing was missing from my set up!
Delighted to say the least. It was however short lived. There are hardware issues such as not seeing the ethernet - which means I couldn't get the Multibeast / DSDT downloads.
Doing that today - will report back with an update.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back