Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Gigabyte z77x-ud5h
Intel i7 3770K

Alright, so I recently raided my two ssds using apple's disk utility. After I raided the drives I reinstalled OSX using a time machine backup, started up, and everything else was as it was before. I decided that it wasn't worth raiding since I couldn't install windows afterwards, so I undid the raid and restored from my time machine backup onto one of the drives.

It restored fine, but after trying to restart, it wouldn't go into chameleon. I booted off my restore USB, saw my main drive, and selected it. It gave me the restricted sign, so I booted in verbose:

USBF: 1.380 The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed drive device (4-port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14b00000, asked for 400mA but got 0mA
USBF: 1.546 The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed drive device (4-port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14c00000, asked for 400mA but got 0mA
Still waiting for root device

A couple of things I find odd:
1) It seems like it is trying to boot off of a USB drive
2) There are two different firmware versions
3) I have never gotten this error before now

I'm thinking that the USB errors have been coming up all along, but the still waiting for root device errors have just started (correct me if I'm wrong). I have tried PCIRootUID=0, npci=0x2000, and -x. I'm totally stumped.

Were you able to troubleshoot this problem. I just restarted my machine the other day and now it just turns off after getting to the grey apple screen. If I boot as single user, I get the same error message you had. I'm having no luck finding a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back