ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

My i7-8700 with 5700 graphics and Broadcom networking worked fine on Catalina with Clover R49xx. after updating to r5142 it spews out this and won't boot.
clover error.jpg

I have no idea what to do. Pleas help.

Thanks,

OF

There are significant differences in new(er) versions of Clover as elements of OpenCore were integrated.
This means that you cannot simply take an old config.plist and use it unedited with more recent Clover versions.

Each time that you update Clover a copy of your /EFI folder is saved to the system disk in /EFI-Backups, you can use this to revert to the state you were in previously.

There are significant differences in new(er) versions of Clover as elements of OpenCore were integrated.
This means that you cannot simply take an old config.plist and use it unedited with more recent Clover versions.

Each time that you update Clover a copy of your /EFI folder is saved to the system disk in /EFI-Backups, you can use this to revert to the state you were in previously.
Thank you for the fast reply.

I'll see if I can get access to the old folder

OF

OK...
It got stuck at apfs1689. I rolled back to a previous (working) bios, but no luck.
I've read I should use ssdt-ec but can't figure out how to put this in the required folder without being able to start the system, unless I take out the driver etc.
I just can't figure out what went wrong.

OF

For future reference:

Clover_r5119 and Clover_r5120 are the last two versions of Clover that are Clover based, i.e. don't incorporate/take on too much from OpenCore. They both work like you would expect Clover bootloader to work.

So if you want to upgrade your Clover bootloader without too much hassle don't use one newer than Clover_r5120.

If you are running macOS Catalina you should be using these SSDT's with your Z370 Coffee Lake system:
  • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
  • SSDT-AWAC.aml
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml
Otherwise you will see the same issue as shown in post #1, or similar kernel panic screens when you boot your system.

Copies of the three SSDT's required for your Z370/CFL system are attached below.

Attachments

• Z370-SSDTs.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 29
Thanks for the reply. I used (only) ssdt-ec.aml and copied in to the required folder. The folder was empty. I dan had to add pikera to the clover boot options. The system boots and works now, but I probably need to run the old Catalalina Multibeast again if I don't want to add pikera manually every time.
But it's been a long time since I did this the last time, so I'll have to figure out what the boot options were.

but I probably need to run the old Catalalina Multibeast again if I don't want to add pikera manually every time.
just edit your config,plist and add in the boot argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back