i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hi,

i clean installed 10.9 in my laptop, now I'm trying delete 10.8's Time Machine backup files from 2nd HDD.

I moved them to trash, but emptying trash is taking very long. when i meant long i mean it. its been three hours , and emptying progress reached to 100% and showing items to delete count as -200000plus. And it is still increasing.

i stopped and tried again but its the same result. my total data to delete is like 60GB. Any ideas on how to empty my trash?

And its not related to permissions issues, as i delete few other files from my 2nd HDD successfully, before this.

i miss my shift+del function in windows :(

Hey i dont know how to fix that it looks empty but if you do a Secure Empty it works.

hi,

i clean installed 10.9 in my laptop, now I'm trying delete 10.8's Time Machine backup files from 2nd HDD.

I moved them to trash, but emptying trash is taking very long. when i meant long i mean it. its been three hours , and emptying progress reached to 100% and showing items to delete count as -200000plus. And it is still increasing.

i stopped and tried again but its the same result. my total data to delete is like 60GB. Any ideas on how to empty my trash?

And its not related to permissions issues, as i delete few other files from my 2nd HDD successfully, before this.

i miss my shift+del function in windows :(

I believe you can press shift, or windows button if youre on non apple keyboard or alt and right click to delete locked files from trash

I believe you can press shift, or windows button if youre on non apple keyboard or alt and right click to delete locked files from trash

Thanks. default way of deleting files worked but it took entire night to delete it.

I hope infuture apple implements SHIFT+DELETE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back