Contribute
Register

NootRX

Next week I'll receive my 6750XT! Ordered today.
I'll keep you informed

Ah nice. Which one did you order? I found an Asrock 6750XT which I just got, haven't had a chance to install it yet. I also got the Asrock 6650 XT version from NewEgg, just in case the 6750 doesn't work out. :) With the quickly dwindling stocks and prices getting higher, I figured I'd try them both and return the one I decide not to keep.

There was no mention of spoofing, and this should not be needed with NootRX. "The kext" should refer to NootRX.

@djx8605 If in doubt about NootRX and/or its future, stay with supported cards (i.e. 6600 or 6800), or at least supportable cards (6650, spoofed to 6600).
OK, I didn't think spoofing would be required with NootRX, is that still correct? I'll hopefully have time to work on these later this week (have both an RX 6650 XT and RX 6750 XT), just want to be well informed since there's not much documentation. I know with our hacks it's all about taking risks and chances, I'm only asking about the kext since the cards are just not that easy to find in new condition any more lol.

XFX SPEEDSTER QICK319 RADEON RX 6750XT
After working out XFX's naming scheme :) and reading through many reviews, I almost bought that model, it was the only I could find, but I saw some reviews complaining about bad coil wine, so I opted for the Asrock instead, but I've never owned cards from either brands, so we'll see how it goes. Please do let us know how that card works out, performance and cooling etc. THX

I was wrong you don't need to spoof either the RX 6650 XT or RX 6750 XT when using NootRX.kext. As the Device ID for both cards is present in the kext.

DEVICE ID's present in NootRX.kext/Contents/info.plist
0x73A21002 0x73A31002 0x73A51002 0x73AB1002 0x73AF1002 0x73BF1002 0x73DF1002 0x73E01002 0x73E11002 0x73E31002 0x73EF1002 0x73FF1002

RX 6650 XT - 0x73EF
RX 6750 XT - 0x73DF

Dear djx8605,
I have a 6750 xt working good with Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma up to 14.3, on 14.4 it keeps giving me red screen dunno why and I couldn't find NootRX kext for 14.4.

Dear djx8605,
I have a 6750 xt working good with Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma up to 14.3, on 14.4 it keeps giving me red screen dunno why and I couldn't find NootRX kext for 14.4.
Thanks for the report @Fatri. A few days ago I saw on the NootRX Github page an update for 14.4 compatibility, not sure if it's complete yet, have you tried the latest build of the kext? Also, have you had any "green screen" issues with your 6750 and NootRX? I recall seeing reports of people getting green screens and/or weird artifacts on their screen when running certain apps.

No Green screen but when logging in the screen changes position until I get to desktop, I am looking for latest kext for Sonoma 14.4 that works properly

No Green screen but when logging in the screen changes position until I get to desktop, I am looking for latest kext for Sonoma 14.4 that works properly
OK. I'm not sure if the not working under 14.4 issue is completely fixed yet, maybe someone else who's actively using the kext will let you know for sure. In the meantime, here's where I found the info: https://github.com/ChefKissInc/NootRX/issues/27 The author is aware of the issue, seems he's working on it, as you can see on the kext main page: "Add psp_cmd_km_submit pattern for macOS 14.4" https://github.com/ChefKissInc/NootRX This is usual stuff with hacks, an update changes code and the devs of the hacking kexts have to go find new patterns or locations to enable the hacks again :) How are you getting the NootRX kext, are you compiling yourself or downloading from elsewhere?

Back