Contribute
Register

NootRX

I have installed Sonoma but when i try to install de Nootrx.kexts it get stuck. I will upload my EFI folder and a picture where it get stuck. I have reset nvram too but it didnt work. Do someone know what I did wrong?

Motherboard: MSI PRO Z970 WIFI
Proccesor: i7 14th gen
Graphics card: Radeon 6750 XT

Attachments

• IMG_0677.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 26
  • EFI.rar
    24.6 MB · Views: 25
I have installed Sonoma but when i try to install de Nootrx.kexts it get stuck. I will upload my EFI folder and a picture where it get stuck. I have reset nvram too but it didnt work. Do someone know what I did wrong?

Motherboard: MSI PRO Z970 WIFI
Proccesor: i7 14th gen
Graphics card: Radeon 6750 XT

Have you ever booted completely and run (login etc..)?
Try attached NootRx.kext

BUT in order you can try:

1. removing the CryptexFixup.kext
Googling you'll discover that you don't need it (AVX2.0 natively supported in your system as show in your picture)... Your Card is a Navi22 (RX6750XT) and CryptexFixup.kext can do problems with dGPU drivers. I think you can remove CryptexFixup.kext

2. Try using iMacPro1.1 or MacPro7.1 instead iMac20,2 as in your EFI

3. try using my EFI (I've MSI Z790-P WiFi that is very similar). You have only replace WEG with NootRx, remove agdpmod=pikera and replace your USB port map. You can find my efi at this post:

Attachments

• NootRX.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Have you ever booted completely and run (login etc..)?
Try attached NootRx.kext

BUT in order you can try:

1. removing the CryptexFixup.kext
Googling you'll discover that you don't need it (AVX2.0 natively supported in your system as show in your picture)... Your Card is a Navi22 (RX6750XT) and CryptexFixup.kext can do problems with dGPU drivers. I think you can remove CryptexFixup.kext

2. Try using iMacPro1.1 or MacPro7.1 instead iMac20,2 as in your EFI

3. try using my EFI (I've MSI Z790-P WiFi that is very similar). You have only replace WEG with NootRx, remove agdpmod=pikera and replace your USB port map. You can find my efi at this post:

Thanks Pulpinex. I have used your efi folder and it worked great:D It just show radeon 6800 instead of 6750. Proberly because of the config file.

Btw I couldn't make a app store account, is it a bug?

Thanks Pulpinex. I have used your efi folder and it worked great:D It just show radeon 6800 instead of 6750. Proberly because of the config file.

Btw I couldn't make a app store account, is it a bug?
In device property you have to change the dgpu name (if you look inside device property a device is set as 6800xt. Simply change with 6750xt.
For apple account try change system serial number generating a new one with opencore configurator.
May be the uuiid/serial/etc you are using is already used, try with a new one.

Btw:
I don't knows how works BT/WiFi in your system.
I moved to Logitech Mouse/Keyboard as described in this thread

NOTE
In the EFI I'm using itlwm.kext that need Heliport (Intel WiFi Client for itlwm; in other words an app to manage wifi connection, you will find it here). If you are connected via Lan no problem, otherwise don't forget to install Heliport to connect to the web

Last edited:
Hey guys anyone have tried NootRX with a 6750XT? I'm starting a new build and cannot find many choices for rx6000 cards, only an Asrock RX6650XT and an Asrock RX6750XT. I'm mainly going to be doing light video editing with FCP and audio work with Logic Pro. Would a 6750XT work with the kext? I also read a few pages back that the future of the kext is uncertain (or something to that effect), can anyone comment on that? Don't want to buy a card that requires a kext that may not be around for much longer :)

You would need to use an SSDT to spoof the device id of the RX 6750 XT not the DeviceProperties section in the config.plist when using NootRX.kext. As using any DeviceProperties is not something you should do when using NootRX kext. Doing so will lead to black screen issues.

There was no mention of spoofing, and this should not be needed with NootRX. "The kext" should refer to NootRX.

@djx8605 If in doubt about NootRX and/or its future, stay with supported cards (i.e. 6600 or 6800), or at least supportable cards (6650, spoofed to 6600).

Back