Contribute
Register

NootRX

I would look to see if something is misconfigured in the OC setup with regards your RX 6800 XT.

You should be able to swap the RX 5600 XT out and install the RX 6800 XT without having to make any changes to the system, as they are both Navi dGPU's. As long as you are not using any GPU specific SSDT's or custom GPU kexts.

Check if you have the BIOS switch on the RX 6800 XT set to silent/lower performance.

I discovered the mystery...
The test is perhaps not the most reliable there is... :)
I had 2 monitors attached to the video card... the gflops score is split between the monitors. Detached the HDMI monitor and left only the DP. Score doubled!

Just to clarify:
- I don't have the 5600XT
- my video cards are a 6800 XT and a 6900 XT (I'm using for now the 6800 XT; the 6900 XT in is the box)

Kext: NootRx
Screenshot 2024-01-30 alle 07.12.05.png

and with WEG:
Screenshot 2024-01-30 alle 07.24.23.png

Last edited:
Hi, all. I am the dev the GPU Bench Nbody Metal.
The Nbody GFLOPS seems to run in an 60 FPS limit ... your newer GPUs ware tooo fast ;) As I made the app, 5600XT was high end.
I made a new build of the Nbody GFLOPS part of the App.
Please try it and tell the new shown GFLOPS (+ shown FPS, near 60 FPS would mean also limited)
use Q key to quit the bench.

P.S. Limit happens by running in the 60 FPS window limit. Now the bench uses much more particles and FPS on my 5600XT is now much lower, now 16FPS (old version was 58-60FPS), but GFLOPS are higher with around 5830 GFLOPs - as it should, because even 5600XT was a bit limited, running in the 60 FPS limit.
6650XT++ should show now much more GFLOPS ... hope they not run also in the 60 FPS limit ;)
P.S.2. Lower end GPUs like RX 560 / RX 460 may freeze the system for seconds because of getting overloaded!

Your 6700XT should now get much higher GFLOPS than before and also as my 5600XT.
But I think the 6950XT, shown only 2700 GFLOPs with older bench will NOT get so much higher GFLOPS - something is is wrong there.

Happy TESTING with the new NbodyMetal!

Attachments

• NBody-Metal.zip
    119.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hi, all. I am the dev the GPU Bench Nbody Metal.
The Nbody GFLOPS seems to run in an 60 FPS limit ... your newer GPUs ware tooo fast ;) As i made the app, 5600XT was highend.
I made a new build of the Nbody GFLOPS part of the App.
Please try it and tell the new shown GFLOPS (+ shown FPS, near 60 FPS would mean also limited)
use Q key to quit the bench.

PS: Limit happens by running in the 60 FPS window limit. Now the bench uses much more particles and FPS on my 5600XT is now much lower, now 16FPS (old version was 58-60FPS), but GFLOPS are higher with around 5830 GFLOPs - as it should, because even 5600XT was a bit limited, running in the 60 FPS limit.
6650XT++ should show now much more GFLOPS ... hope they not run also in the 60 FPS limit ;)
PS2: lower end GPUs like RX 560 / RX 460 may freeze the system for seconds because of getting overloaded!

Your 6700XT should now get much higher GFLOPS than before and also as my 5600XT.
But i think the 6950XT, shown only 2700 GFLOPs with older bench will NOT get so much higher GFLOPS - something is is wrong there.

Happy TESTING with the new NbodyMetal

Hi Mich_de
test doesn't finish (run endless)...
May be?

Yep, test is + should running endless. Simple look for the highest GFLOPS + FPS you see.
You must Quit the test to stop with Q.
After I know that faster GPUS will not run close to 60 FPS (= reaching FPS limit) I will put that code in the orig. app - then it will find highest measured GFLOPs itself & also runs only a few seconds - together with VRAM/PCIe Speed tests.

Yep, test is + should running endless. Simple look for the highest GFLOPS + FPS you see.
You must Quit the test to stop with Q.
After I know that faster GPUS will not run close to 60 FPS (= reaching FPS limit) I will put that code in the orig. app - then it will find highest measured GFLOPs itself & also runs only a few seconds - together with VRAM/PCIe Speed tests.

Test runs but doesn't show any gflops.

Screenshot 2024-01-30 alle 08.19.32.png

Hi @mitch_de and welcome, these are the results from my bench using the Sapphire Pulse 6700XT. The GFLOPS/s do show up in my widow, but will vanish for about a second.

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 2.27.12 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 2.23.45 AM.png

Last edited:
Test runs but doesnt show any gflops..

No real problem. GFLOPS in your case seems to be above 9999 GFLOPs .. GREAT!! ... will fix that
Your GPU reaches 38 FPS much higher than my 16FPS 5600Xt and also higher than 24 FPS (8750 GFLOPS) with 6700XT values with new version ... both have enough gap to the 60 FPS limit now.
Because FPS & GFLOPS depends near linear from each other, your GFLOPS will be around 38FPS / 24FPS (6700XT) = 1.5 x faster = 8750 GFLOPS x 1.5 = around 13000 GFLOPS, 13 TLOPS.

With old version GFLOPS were limited to around 5400GFLOPS for GPUS 5600XT and faster..

EDIT: updated test nbody (can show more than 9999 GFLOPS!)
PS: key Q for QUIT..

soon new build of GPU Bench App with that Nbody code...

Attachments

• NBody-Metal.zip
    119.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
No real problem. GFLOPS in your case seems to be above 9999 GFLOPs .. GREAT!! ... will fix that
Your GPU reaches 38 FPS much higher than my 16FPS 5600Xt and also higher than 24 FPS (8750 GFLOPS) with 6700XT values with new version ... both have enough gap to the 60 FPS limit now.
Because FPS & GFLOPS depends near linear from each other, your GFLOPS will be around 38FPS / 24FPS (6700XT) = 1.5 x faster = 8750 GFLOPS x 1.5 = around 13000 GFLOPS, 13 TLOPS.

With old version GFLOPS were limited to around 5400GFLOPS for GPUS 5600XT and faster..

EDIT: updated test nbody (can show more than 9999 GFLOPS!)
PS: key Q for QUIT..

soon new build of GPU Bench App with that Nbody code...

dGPU: PowerColor Red Devil RX 6800 XT

Now shows GFLOPS....
Screenshot 2024-01-30 alle 09.18.43.png

NOTE: Absolute identical results with WEG and NootRx

Last edited:
Yep, great. And you see my guess of around 13000 GFLOPS - was Ok.
I will include that new GFLOPS (no more limit for fast , newer gpus) in the next days into the main GPU Bench Metal app. be patient .... but for tests of GFLOPS only you can use latest Test Nbody also ...

I fear the RX 6950XT user, with relative bad Topaz VAI fps result (compared to even my 5600XT) and low 2800 GPLOS in old Nbody will not come even close to the 6800 XT with new Nbody Test ..
Interesting that the 6800XT with 2 displays attached the GFLOPS speed was half ... perhaps VRAM / compute units are splitted for each display = half compute power? - and VRAM Speed with WEG much faster than using NootRX...

PS: the test nbody app is universal .. runs also on M1..M2..M3.

Last edited:
Back