Contribute
Register

NootRX

While building the kext for your own use is a great idea, as you found it doesn't always work correctly.

I tried building the kext a couple of times last month, kept getting errors/black screen so used the Release Kext in the Artifacts folder on the Action page. This has worked each and every time I have used it with my RX 6700 XT.

So my recommendation would be to stick with the pre-built release kext.

I have downloaded the NUC EFI installer and restored the EFI to a spare USB stick. Having looked though the various SSDTs, kexts and config.plist I would say that the Black Screen issue is more likely caused by one of these issues:
Thanks, I will play with settings.

Hello, I bought a AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB to test the NootRX.kext, I tested the pre-built, but I compiled the kext, too. The compiled kext gave me more stability. However, I have a problem. When I try to do 3D or games, I have green screens or artifacts and AppleTV is not working. Adobe Suite is working perfect no problems, Davinci Resolve is working just fine, too. Cinebench R24 the GPU test with the pre-built kext didn't work, but with the compiled one with the latest github changes make it work that test. Somebody knows how to solve this problems?. I am using Mac OS Sonama 14.1.1, OpenCore 096 Core i9 14900K with DDR5 7400Mhz.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2023-11-30 a la(s) 16.26.28.png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-11-30 a la(s) 16.26.28.png
    20.6 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hello, I bought a AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB to test the NootRX.kext, I tested the pre-built, but I compiled the kext, too. The compiled kext gave me more stability. However, I have a problem. When I try to do 3D or games, I have green screens or artifacts and AppleTV is not working. Adobe Suite is working perfect no problems, Davinci Resolve is working just fine, too. Cinebench R24 the GPU test with the pre-built kext didn't work, but with the compiled one with the latest github changes make it work that test. Somebody knows how to solve this problems?. I am using Mac OS Sonama 14.1.1, OpenCore 096 Core i9 14900K with DDR5 7400Mhz.
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Remove SMBIOS info from your EFI, serials, etc. and attach it here. I’ve not experienced green screens with my RX6700XT while playing games. How are you connected to monitor?.

RRemove SMBIOS info from your EFI, serials, etc. and attach it here. I’ve not experienced green screens with my RX6700XT while playing games. How are you connected to monitor?
Thanks for the quick answer, I changed the serials, I have connected over HDMI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    87.6 MB · Views: 42
@Raftrix86
That's one phat EFI folder you got there!. And it looks incredibly complicated.
  1. You have two SSDTs spoofing a 6650XT!... uh why?. You said you had 6700XT.
  2. I counted 33 kexts!, including for both Intel and BRCM Wi-Fi/BT, Someone much cleverer than me needs to look at this and clean it up!.
  3. Remove your DeviceProperties, it's well known that NootRX, (and NootedRed) conflict with them, delete it.
I would rework your EFI but I don't think my rubbish internet connection could handle uploading your PHAT EFI. Start with the suggestions above and report back.

Guys check out this EFI, Ive not seen anything like it before.

@Raftrix86
That's one phat EFI folder you got there!. And it looks incredibly complicated.
  1. You have two SSDTs spoofing a 6650XT!... uh why?. You said you had 6700XT.
  2. I counted 33 kexts!, including for both Intel and BRCM Wi-Fi/BT, Someone much cleverer than me needs to look at this and clean it up!.
  3. Remove your DeviceProperties, it's well known that NootRX, (and NootedRed) conflict with them, delete it.
I would rework your EFI but I don't think my rubbish internet connection could handle uploading your PHAT EFI. Start with the suggestions above and report back.

Guys check out this EFI, Ive not seen anything like it before.
Hello, well as you had a look the 6650XT spoof is not activated, I had that GPU but I upgraded with this one, another kexts even if are listed, are not enabled, because in one point I tested Intel wifi/bluetooth but even if there are in the kext list are not enabled, just the ones I need, I have sonama and BRCM4360 and need to donwgrade the kexts for Wifi in order to make it work, as you can see even if there are some extra kexts, just the ones I need are enabled.

Hello, well as you had a look the 6650XT spoof is not activated, I had that GPU but I upgraded with this one, another kexts even if are listed, are not enabled, because in one point I tested Intel wifi/bluetooth but even if there are in the kext list are not enabled, just the ones I need, I have sonama and BRCM4360 and need to donwgrade the kexts for Wifi in order to make it work, as you can see even if there are some extra kexts, just the ones I need are enabled.
make it easier for people trying to help you... delete all unnecessary kexts and aml files that you are not using

@Raftrix86
Did you delete the device property in your EFI?, I suspect that’s the culprit for your green screen in games.

Back