Contribute
Register

NootRX

Hi all,

First i want to thank you all for this amazing kext.

I have a XFX rx6650 XT i would like to know (if you can help me):

1- Is my videocard compatible ?
2- if i can just proceed and use this kext directly in my kext folder after deleting whatevergreen or i need to add any other parameter ?

Thank you very much
Yes to both, and in addition you can get rid of `agdpmod`, `unfairgva`, `-radcodec` or other WEG boot arguments.

Yes to both, and in addition you can get rid of `agdpmod`, `unfairgva`, `-radcodec` or other WEG boot arguments.
Thank you very much :) i will try it tonight and let you guys know how it go.

Hello everyone! I'm about to buy an RX 6700 XT for my Z170X UD5 TH motherboard with i7 6700K to render 3D in Blender. With NootRX, will I be able to make it work perfectly with full acceleration?

I've heard something about DRM not working. I'm not exactly sure what it is or what it's for. Would this affect 3D rendering?

Thank you very much, everyone, and especially the NootRX team!

Hello everyone! I'm about to buy an RX 6700 XT for my Z170X UD5 TH motherboard with i7 6700K to render 3D in Blender. With NootRX, will I be able to make it work perfectly with full acceleration?

I've heard something about DRM not working. I'm not exactly sure what it is or what it's for. Would this affect 3D rendering?

Thank you very much, everyone, and especially the NootRX team!
DRM protected content is stuff like Netflix movies, but they can still be watched from browsers other than Safari. Apple Music Loseless also doesn't work.

DRM protected content is stuff like Netflix movies, but they can still be watched from browsers other than Safari. Apple Music Loseless also doesn't work.
Ok, besides that, the graphics card will work at 100%, right?

Thanks for your time!

Ok, besides that, the graphics card will work at 100%, right?

Thanks for your time!
I've used it for a while and everything works fine but DRM on Safari. I've compared it to my real MacBook and it works great!

I bought yesterday the RX 6700 XT, I have managed to boot from USB; I'm writing from my Hackintosh working with the RX 6700 XT. , previously, I was only using the HD530 iGPU.

The only issue at the moment is that upon booting, there's a command that repeats itself around 50 times with the HD530...

"Begin Gfx firmware load process"

And then it switches automatically to the RX 6700 XT. I assume it might be a problem with the iGPU configuration, perhaps in "DeviceProperties"? Could someone do me the great favor of reviewing my EFI to see what I'm doing wrong and if I'm missing any Kext? Or maybe I have to disable the iGPU?

I've been out of the loop for a while, and recently, I switched to Opencore. There are still some concepts I'm not familiar with or don't remember...

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 21.31.48.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 21.31.48.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Personally I would do the following:
  1. Disable the Intel IGPU in the Bios.
  2. Remove the IGPU DeviceProperties from the config.plist
  3. Change the SMBIOS from iMac17,1 to MacPro7,1.
    1. You would need to sign out of your current Apple services, i.e. iCloud, Messages, AppStore etc. before switching to the new SMBIOS.
    2. Generate a new MacPro7,1 SMBIOS using Corpnewt's GenSMBIOS script.
      1. https://github.com/corpnewt/GenSMBIOS
    3. Check that the new Serial Number is not used by a real Mac, using Apples check coverage support page. You want a negative response when you enter the Serial number.
      1. https://checkcoverage.apple.com/
  4. Add RestrictEvents.kext to the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and config.plist, helps prevent Memory errors when using the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS.
This will allow you to upgrade your macOS installation to the latest, Sonoma if that is what you want. As the iMac17,1 system lost native support when Ventura was released.

Additional to the above I would recommend the following concerning your OC setup.
  • Delete the SSDT-USBX.aml table as you don't need this and SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml in your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder and config.plist.
  • Add ResetNvramEntry.efi to the /EFI/OC/Drivers folder and config.plist
  • Remove ApfsDriverLoader.efi from your /EFI/OC/Drivers folder. This is a Clover driver and not required ever, when using OpenCore.
  • Reset NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > csr-active-config to <00000000> (SIP enabled).
  • Add an entry for NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > prev-lang:kbd as leaving this empty can cause unnecessary issues. Simply use en-US:0 or similar as a string entry, if you don't know the code for your keyboard language.
  • Clean up your config.plist to remove the unnecessary/unused entries, so it is easier to read and navigate.
If you have generated the SSDT-HPET.aml table and config.plist ACPI patches for your system using Corpnewt's SSDTTime script, why haven't you generated the other custom SSDT's for your system? Did you generate the SSDT-HPET.aml table and patches using your system DSDT.aml table and SSDTTime?

You are using two generic SSDT's that can be swapped for custom SSDT's that will work cleaner and faster with your system. See the guide linked below.

An EFI is attached below with a cleaned up config.plist and includes some of the changes recommended above.

I would also recommend you spend some time configuring your USB ports, so you are not using USBInjectAll.kext and the XhciPortLimit quirk.

Attachments

• EFI-2.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 42
Thank you very much, @Edhawk ! You have no idea how much I appreciate it; it's exactly what I needed. I couldn't have expected a better reply. I will do everything you suggest right away, and I'll let you know how it goes once I have it ready.

Back