Contribute
Register

Noobie needs help :-) Kernel Panic on cloned drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 755
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz
Graphics
Gt610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

So new to the Hackintosh scene, bought a great little unit a Optiplex 755 of ebay. Works great. Problem is that I wanted to upgrade the 350gb hdd to a 120gb SSD.
I googled (a lot) and used Carbon Cloner to copy the main disk onto the USB connected SSD (caddy).
I had used disk utility to erase and partition the drive first.
I then loaded Multibeast and used a recommended DSDT file.
I can choose the SSD on boot, it starts to load until the grey screen with the apple logo. I then get the following screen.
The original disk boots fine which used the same DSDT.aml file I am using now.
I then used a DSDT editor to open the DSDT.aml file on the working system and save out a copy onto the desktop (just in case). I then chose this with Mulitbeast when doing the install as User DSDT file. Same error.

I would have thought cloning the disk, using the custom DSDT for the system etc would mean it should work.

Please, any ideas?E

Edit:I have also tried with another 500gb HDD and had exactly the same screen.

1-photo-1.JPG

Last edited:
Anyone? Please....

Have you tried booting in safe mode without caches ??

Thanks for the reply..

I did try that after reading another post -x and -f is that correct. No different.
It seems like the drive is booting, but then not seeing the drive, as if its changing how it access the drive at that point. I have tried this on 3 different drives, 2 hdd and 1 sdd all cloned from the install, dsdt.aml installed via multibeast. They all have exactly the same error at the same place. The original drive that is running (where the clone came from) boots fine.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply..

I did try that after reading another post -x and -f is that correct. No different.
It seems like the drive is booting, but then not seeing the drive, as if its changing how it access the drive at that point. I have tried this on 3 different drives, 2 hdd and 1 sdd all cloned from the install, dsdt.aml installed via multibeast. They all have exactly the same error at the same place. The original drive that is running (where the clone came from) boots fine.

Thanks

Is the drives are USB or SATA??

You are facing kernel panic because of the kext AppleAHCIPort.

Is the drives are USB or SATA??

You are facing kernel panic because of the kext AppleAHCIPort.

The ssd was connected for the cloning and multibeast part by a usb cradle. I have tried booting both in the cradle (USB) and connected on the pc via sata (replacing working disk). Same error screen each time. With 3 different disks 2xsata hdd and 1xssd.

The ssd was connected for the cloning and multibeast part by a usb cradle. I have tried booting both in the cradle (USB) and connected on the pc via sata (replacing working disk). Same error screen each time. With 3 different disks 2xsata hdd and 1xssd.

Boot with working OS X Drive.

Connect your SSD which having the cloned copy.

Then delete the /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches and /System/Library/Extensions.mkext from the SSD (which having the cloned copy).

Then try booting after connecting to SATA Port.

Boot with working OS X Drive.

Connect your SSD which having the cloned copy.

Then delete the /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches and /System/Library/Extensions.mkext from the SSD (which having the cloned copy).

Then try booting after connecting to SATA Port.

Just looked now and those files do not exist on the ssd... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back