Graphics
XFX RadeonHD 5870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, I'm new here, but I've been lurking the osx86 scene for a while; mostly on insanelymac.com. I joined here because it seems like this site has a more cohesive vision and makes a great deal more progress. I've been wanting to run OSX for a while, can't afford a real Mac, I'm sure it's a familiar story. When I built my rig back in Feb, I didn't really build with an eye toward building a Hackintosh. I won my motherboard in a contest last year and was finally able to build the rest of the system around it.

So, I notice a few sigs here using EVGA motherboards, and I'm wondering if anyone has had success with an e760 install.

P.s.- The e760 uses:

Onboard LAN w/Teaming Dual Realtek RTL8111C PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Controllers
Onboard Audio Realtek ALC 889 - 8 Channel HD audio codec

Though right now I'm using a belkin wireless-n usb adapter for internet and an Asus Xonar DX for sound.

I have 2 of these boards and they work fine.

Somewhere on the site there is a DSDT for BIOS 74.

I just stepped up my Classified (E760) to a Classified3 (E770), and I'm hoping it works lol. I'm temporarily using an EX58-UD5 that I picked up cheap on craigslist, but anyway below you'll my quoted directions from a PM I sent to others.

This guide is for the 3 way SLI (E758), but it worked fine on my Classified.

I just used iBoot to install, not Multibeast. I pretty much followed this guide, except I didn't preinstall on an HDD. http://osx86.net/f57/guide-evga-x58-sno ... s-x-t3854/

Starting from step 3 I used chameleon RC5 (I'm sure RC3 may have worked too).

Step 4. used Airwalk's extra folder

Step 5 I'm not sure if I needed to, but the part that with the UUID that says "REPLACE UUID WITH YOUR OWN UUID. You can locate your UUID by browsing to DISK UTILITY and right click on the Snow leopard hardrive and click on INFORMATION. Copy your Universal Unique Identifier and paste it where mine is.
Skipped the graphics string part of step 5 as GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the com.apple.Boot.plist is all that's needed.

Step 6. I used the DSDT that's linked in my post in the DSDT section. You can find it here. http://osx86.net/f57/guide-evga-x58-sno ... 49055.html

Step 7 applied the UUID thing from step 5

After that I didn't reboot like they say to do. I just installed 10.6.4 combo manually, ran disk utility to repair and rebooted lol. Everything minus audio working. Oh I don't have sleep working but I could really care less :)

Last thing I did was the audio and and grabbed Legacy889HDA from here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1686&start=0 and put it in my extra/extensions folder. Then i dropped extensions on top of kext utility. After that I downloaded Tony's 10.6.2-AppleHDAInstaller.pkg and voila. Took me about 20 mins of trial and error with the audio. Getting two gtx 260's on the other hand took me a few days lol

PS make sure you have AHCI enabled in bios and if you need to see my com.apple.Boot.plist, smbios, etc., let me know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back