Graphics
Radeon 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone! I'm pretty new to Macx86 (read: I've looked into running SL on a PC for about 2 days) and I have some questions. It seems that there are dozens of guides for installing Mac OS on a PC out there, and they tend to contradict one another, so I might be a little confused. Please bear with me.

Anyway...

I realize that I might not be able to get drivers for all of my devices. I just want to try it out and see how it works. I am currently running Win7 (I had Ubuntu but deleted it to allow for more partitions). According to the iBoot tutorial on this site, I need to install SL on a blank HDD with no partitions. Is there a way to install it without deleting my current OS and programs? If not, what is the best way to backup my system so that I could restore it later? My current partition setup looks like this:Capture.JPG

Thanks!

PS - Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. It seemed that there were several places it might belong.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 129
I've been looking around some more, and from what I've seen, Win7 can't be installed on a GPT disk. If I did have to reformat my HDD, how could I reinstall Windows or my backup? Is there a tutorial for dual-booting that uses the iBoot method?

Edit-----

I found this http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/dual-boot-windows-7-and-os-x-snow.html and this http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2457&hilit=dual+boot+dual+boot+. Sorry for the premature post.

Anyway, at this point it seems that I just need to figure out how to back up my Win7 installation or programs. Sorry, I haven't done any backing up before (gasp), so I'm not sure how to do it. What is the best way to back up my Win7 installation so that I don't have to reinstall programs and can restore it from Snow Leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back