2. Classic
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. Quadra
  7. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been beating my head against this for hours on end over what's become a couple of months, so I'm hoping someone will take pity on me and help me get my system upgraded! A friend helped me build my hack a couple years ago, and I managed the upgrade to snow leopard on my own, but haven't been able to get mt lion going. I haven't been able to find any specific guides for my build.... I have a socket 775 gigabyte GAGA-X48-D5S / ICH9 board with 2.51GHz quad core xeon processor, 6 gigs of RAM, and a 1040MB GeForce GT240 video card. From what I can tell, I shouldn't have to upgrade the mobo and processor to be able to run mt lion, and I've been assiduous about following the guides, so I can't understand why I'm having such a hard time with the install! Arrgh!

I'm running Snow Leopard on a corsair Force 3 120Gig SSD with 3 partitions, and only keep system files and applications on the SSD (data is primarily on internal HDs). In preparation to install Mt Lion, I cloned my system partition (titled SnoLeoSSD) to the second partition on the same SSD (titled MtLionSSD), then followed the installation guide to make a UniBeast USB Mt Lion installation drive. I used a 16 gig USB drive (tried several different ones, actually); my first issue was that I couldn't get the boot menu to allow me to select the USB drive. I finally got around that by unplugging all my other drives to force the USB as the boot drive, and then plugging in the SSD. Finally got the installer to run, but when it finished I not only could not get it to boot into the Mt Lion partition, I now can't get it to boot into the Snow Leopard partition (no mach kernel error and back to boot menu). I can only get my supposedly untouched snow leopard partition to boot by unplugging all the other drives again, and I can't get the mt lion partition to boot. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks a million, guys!

Anyone? Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back