Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
urielgin said:
I am just preparing for my first Hac build - I am considering getting the same motherboard (GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3) - BUT, I am interested in Leopard 10.6.8. Did you install 10.6.x -> update to 10.6.8 -> update to Lion? If so, was the system functioning properly with 10.6.8? For short, is this a good board for 10.6.8 or should I get the GA-P67X-UD3-B3? :)

Thanks!
Yes, but you have to install UpdateHelper before the 10.6.8 Combo. Pls have a look there -> http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -1068.html

Take care, the GFX card you want to buy have a GF108 GPU (mine 430GT have). It works OOB just with GraphicsEnabler=yes in boot.plist and the Nvidia driver -> downloads installed on 10.6.8. For Lion a driver update isn't necessary. No Freezes so far and QE/CI works :headbang:

urielgin said:
Thanks!
Both cards would be good with GraphicEnabler=yes?
I actually prefer the 520 because it's much cheaper - and the rest of the hardware I'm getting is expensive :)
Yes, but I cannot guaranted for the 520...because the Fermi Freeze Issue (pls try the Forum Search for that Issue, you'll find a bunch). I can just confirm my 430 work flawless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back