Motherboard
GA-Z170-HD3
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GeForce GTS 250 1024MB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sorry to post this here, but it appears the OP has been locked.

In the installation guide for Yosemite, in Step 2, 15 and 16 it says if you have a series 5 or 6 AWARD BIOS to choose "legacy USB support" but if you have a laptop to choose laptop support.

Is this on the machine on which you're creating the bootable USB drive, or on the destination system?

I'm going to have a friend with a Macbook create the bootable USB with Unibeast and Yosemite on it, but I'm going to install the OS onto a Gigabit-based desktop system.

Thanks in advance for responses, and sorry for the dumb question.

Sorry to post this here, but it appears the OP has been locked.

In the installation guide for Yosemite, in Step 2, 15 and 16 it says if you have a series 5 or 6 AWARD BIOS to choose "legacy USB support" but if you have a laptop to choose laptop support.

Is this on the machine on which you're creating the bootable USB drive, or on the destination system?

I'm going to have a friend with a Macbook create the bootable USB with Unibeast and Yosemite on it, but I'm going to install the OS onto a Gigabit-based desktop system.

Thanks in advance for responses, and sorry for the dumb question.

Its for the destination drive you are going to install on.

Thank you for the clarification. So it's for the computer I plan to install Yosemite on, not the computer I'm using to download the software onto the USB drive, right?

Thank you for the clarification. So it's for the computer I plan to install Yosemite on, not the computer I'm using to download the software onto the USB drive, right?

Yes, you've got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back