Contribute
Register

Noob Multibeast question - full reinstall required if put wrong settings in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H, 16gb RAM
CPU
i5-3470K
Graphics
Gigabyte RX 570 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I just completed a 2012 recommended Customac Budget build that uses GA-Z77-DS3H MB and the 3470k cpu. Just put in one of the two 4gig RAM sticks purchased, for install as per recommendation somewhere on this site. Followed Unibeast install guide and the recent Gigabyte BIOS settings guide and successfully installed ML 10.8.1 on my Sandisk SSD. However, after running Multibeast I can't boot from the HD. My screen goes black just after the Apple logo appears - ie. my Dell monitor is going to sleep due to no signal. I fear I may have erroneously selected something under the Multibeast graphic options. But since i can't see anything on screen I can't re-run Multibeast to change the settings. Does this mean I have to wipe HD and do the full install and then Multibeast install again? Hoping answer is no, though I suspect it is yes. Any other tips would be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

Try typing "-v PCIRootUID=1" (without the quotes) into the chaimera boot loader before you boot to your HD and see what happens.

Thanks! That did work to allow me to boot from HD. However, it seems I have to do that every time. What do I have to change to avoid that? BTW, I only get back to chimera by hitting the reset button on the box.

In multibeast

Customization --> Boot Options --> PCI ROOT ID FIX check that box run multibeast then u will be good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back