Contribute
Register

Noob Looking for help! Build a video editing powerhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys I was on the youtube today researching a few different types of macs as I am in the market for something new. I honestly had never even thought of building my own machine until today. Im looking to do a lot video editing. That being said I was thinking the Mac Pro, but the price is crazy! After seeing all of these youtube videos of peoples builds I'm thinking this might be the better way to go, and will be a fun project to build and to learn. Im looking to keep it under $2000. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I have zero experience and zero knowledge on building something like this!

I have seen the Buyers Guide, Just not sure what products would be right for me, and do I need any additional part besides the ones listed? Do I just pick one from each category and have at it? I have No Clue! hahah I need help

Hey Guys I was on the youtube today researching a few different types of macs as I am in the market for something new. I honestly had never even thought of building my own machine until today. Im looking to do a lot video editing. That being said I was thinking the Mac Pro, but the price is crazy! After seeing all of these youtube videos of peoples builds I'm thinking this might be the better way to go, and will be a fun project to build and to learn. Im looking to keep it under $2000. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I have zero experience and zero knowledge on building something like this!
If you are not sure what you want to buy, check out http://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/video.23/ and look at what members who also edit as a profession have built and their comments on the system hardware. For the GPU, it really makes a difference what apps you are using to get the right GPU for the apps for best performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back