Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, I have my ASUS N550JK laptop running El Capitan and have a few patches working for battery level but want to go on further now.

I've processed my aml files into dsl files using the refs.txt as in the patching guide using the command: last -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml

Then I'm simply compiling each dsl file without patching just to see that it works.

Some of my files won't compile and need a little help on what to do next.

SSDT-0.dsl

Line 44 : Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCIO.SAT0)
Line 56 : Existing object has invalid type for Scope operator (_SB_.PCIO.SAT0 [Untyped])
Line 166 : Internal compiler error (could not map type)
Line 166 : Invalid type ([Reference] found, notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])

SSDT-6.dsl & SSDT-7.dsl have similar errors to above.

See attached files

Any help greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• DSDT_ASUSN550JK.zip
    176.6 KB · Views: 57
So, I have my ASUS N550JK laptop running El Capitan and have a few patches working for battery level but want to go on further now.

I've processed my aml files into dsl files using the refs.txt as in the patching guide using the command: last -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml

Then I'm simply compiling each dsl file without patching just to see that it works.

Some of my files won't compile and need a little help on what to do next.

SSDT-0.dsl

Line 44 : Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCIO.SAT0)
Line 56 : Existing object has invalid type for Scope operator (_SB_.PCIO.SAT0 [Untyped])
Line 166 : Internal compiler error (could not map type)
Line 166 : Invalid type ([Reference] found, notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])

SSDT-6.dsl & SSDT-7.dsl have similar errors to above.

See attached files

Any help greatly appreciated!

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

You need to remove the External declarations that come from refs.txt to after the other externals. It is mentioned in the guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Read the guide regarding dynamic SSDTs. It is very clear.

Thanks for your help and patience RehabMan, my laptop is running El Capitan nicely now.

I have speed step working, sound, intel hd graphics, battery level, brightness control all working.

Things that would be nice to have:

Num Lock - Looks like there is no num lock on a mac?
Laptop webcam working - is this possible, I would imagine it to be some sort of usb device?
Fan rpm speed - Works on my desktop, but laptop functionality looks very involved.

Thanks again for your help.

Num Lock - Looks like there is no num lock on a mac?

Use Karabiner (formerly KeyRemap4MacBook).

Laptop webcam working - is this possible, I would imagine it to be some sort of usb device?

Check in System Information->USB. If you don't see it, then you have a USB problem.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Fan rpm speed - Works on my desktop, but laptop functionality looks very involved.

Not sure I understand the question ( if there is one ).

Use Karabiner (formerly KeyRemap4MacBook).

Check in System Information->USB. If you don't see it, then you have a USB problem.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Not sure I understand the question ( if there is one ).

Karabiner does the job nicely I even have ctrl-c and ctrl-v to copy and paste.
Webcam isn't showing up, but will have a read of your guide.
Got the nVidia turned off now and get an extra hour and a half battery life.

All good fun!

Hi RehabMan

I have one more request that I hope you can point me in the right direction for.

My Asus laptop is running very well now, I bought a Broadcom Wireless Card giving me both Wifi and Bluetooth, Webcam working and multi boot with Windows 10.

I'm trying to fix a problem with rebooting after going to sleep.
The laptop appears to do the right things when going to sleep, but just as things should power down, it will reboot and go back to the Clover boot screen.

I've tried the series 7 usb patch to my dsdt, but no luck here.

Where else can I go?

Many thanks

Hi RehabMan

I have one more request that I hope you can point me in the right direction for.

My Asus laptop is running very well now, I bought a Broadcom Wireless Card giving me both Wifi and Bluetooth, Webcam working and multi boot with Windows 10.

I'm trying to fix a problem with rebooting after going to sleep.
The laptop appears to do the right things when going to sleep, but just as things should power down, it will reboot and go back to the Clover boot screen.

I've tried the series 7 usb patch to my dsdt, but no luck here.

Where else can I go?

Many thanks

There are links and info on sleep in the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Most likely you have not correctly patched ACPI or have not implemented power management correctly.

Thanks RehabMan

I'm having a read of these guides and digesting.
I can see that X86PlatformPlugin has loaded, but when I did the pstate test using DPCIMsnager, it complained about my version of OS X, although I do get a good set of pstate reported by hwmonitor x8, x17, x24, x33. This keeps the cpu at 37 degrees when idle.

Are there any tell tale signs I could look for in ioreg for sleep problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back