Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 - Amazon / Newegg
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5770 - Amazon / Newegg
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4 GB 1333mhz DDR3 (4GB) - Amazon / Newegg 
Case: Cooler Master Elite 341  - Amazon / Newegg
Power Supply:  OCZ 500 watt ModXStream Pro - Amazon / Newegg
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc - Amazon / Newegg  
Hard Drive: Seagate 1 TB 7200RPM - Amazon / Newegg  
Installation DVD: Mac OS X Snow Leopard

When I go to turn on and make the first boot graphics card sys fan CPU all turn on spinning then shuts off after a few seconds and boots again where have I stuffed up lol thanks
Sorry about spelling or anything in a rush/ on iPhone
Cheers

Before you hit "Enter" to select the Snow Leopard Disk type "PCIRootUID=1" this should allow you boot up if this doesn't work the same approach but use iBoot Legacy.

-Justin

Sorry I should have written I haven't actually gotten it to boot to a bios screen yet it just turns on a all the fans (gpu CPU sys and psu) and the blu Ray drive all turn on for 5 seconds then off a second late back on repeat

clear cmos,
check all power cables are connected properly

worst case, you have a dead board
wouldnt be the first time a gigabyte board exhibited the same symptoms as yours

I've tried clearing CMOS it doesn't seem to be making any difference here is a quick video of what actually happens
i have power, ATX, sys fan, graphics, 1 stick of ram, and front panel control (except usb, hd-audio) connected

[VIDEO] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDLQXbdJTY8 [/VIDEO]

and a picture of my motherboard

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 97
try without the graphics card in, and connect the monitor to the mobo's video output.
if that still doesnt work, it is most likely the bios is corrupt.
will need to be rma'd.

I've tried with the graphics card removed and it still seems to just be powering for 15-20 seconds the light and fans but no keyboard or monitor working and yet to get the post bios screens up

I have been trying to work out how to reset my bios but am not 100% how to do this I've been reading through the manual and don't really get how to do this
Here's a copy of the manual
http://www.manualowl.com/m/Gigabyte/GA- ... ual/207410
Thanks for all your help

if youve cleared the cmos already, and there is a high possibility that your bios is corrupt, there isnt anything else you can do.
certainly nothing that manual will show you.

will need to be sent back to the shop you bought it from, or gigabyte themselves.

thank you so much for all your help finally fixed the bastard faulty ram used my old iMac booted and stayed on :D cheers everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back