Contribute
Register

None of the Usb 2/3 works Z77X-UP4 TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thnx. All problem with mounting devices solved with the Pxhcd.kext. Did test this, but apparently i have a different kext!
Only thing is that when the usb3 controller is set enabled, it destroys sleep. I do not have a usb3 device so i don't know if they still work at the correct speed.

cool
there is sleep issues with usb 2 devices (like eject exHDD after wakeup) for all real mac with ML 10.8 and apple will fix this issues in the next update
so let's just wait afew day for multibeast 5 cuz there is no fully support for ivy bridge yet ;)

cool
there is sleep issues with usb 2 devices (like eject exHDD after wakeup) for all real mac with ML 10.8 and apple will fix this issues in the next update
so let's just wait afew day for multibeast 5 cuz there is no fully support for ivy bridge yet ;)

Ok. Did not know this. Sleep fails with instant wake of the mobo but not the monitor. And the system still sort of sleeps. you can wake it again with a kb click.

@remoteworks,

Did you get a chance to verify Thunderbolt is working? Does it show up in System Profiler? I am guessing if you do not have a thunderbolt device you cannot really test it!!

@remoteworks,
Did you get a chance to verify Thunderbolt is working? Does it show up in System Profiler? I am guessing if you do not have a thunderbolt device you cannot really test it!!

Sorry no device yet to a test.

Sorry no device yet to a test.

Check this out this Thunderbolt works:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/59619-knnspeeds-build-dz77re-75k-core-i7-2600k-xfx-5670-a.html

He sais it has a DSL3310, or L3310L, Cactus Ridge 2 channel controller. Earlier Mac's used Eagle Ridge so I am assuming new Mac's use Cactus Bridge also.

Can you do a LSPCI or check System Profiler, Ioreg to see if your board has the same controller. If it does then in Theory it will work since his does.

I am not going to buy this board unless I know for sure its working since I am basing my next buy on a working Thunderbolt Controller. SInce the Thunderbolt is of Intel design or correct me if I am wrong then they should all be the same controller correct?

EDITED:

Never mind you have the 4 channel thunderbolt Cactus Ridge Controller Intel DSL3510L chip which is what I think the MacBook Pro Ivy Bridge 2012 has.

It should be supported!!

LAST EDIT:

I can confirm the chip on your board is exactly the same as the one in the New MacBook Pro 2012 Retina Display:

http://www.techrepublic.com/photos/...acbook-pro-with-retina-display/6372862?seq=62

Your Thunderbolt should work!!

Check this out this Thunderbolt works:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/59619-knnspeeds-build-dz77re-75k-core-i7-2600k-xfx-5670-a.html

He sais it has a DSL3310, or L3310L, Cactus Ridge 2 channel controller. Earlier Mac's used Eagle Ridge so I am assuming new Mac's use Cactus Bridge also.
Can you do a LSPCI or check System Profiler, Ioreg to see if your board has the same controller. If it does then in Theory it will work since his does.
I am not going to buy this board unless I know for sure its working since I am basing my next buy on a working Thunderbolt Controller. SInce the Thunderbolt is of Intel design or correct me if I am wrong then they should all be the same controller correct?
EDITED:
Never mind you have the 4 channel thunderbolt Cactus Ridge Controller Intel DSL3510L chip which is what I think the MacBook Pro Ivy Bridge 2012 has.
It should be supported!!
LAST EDIT:
I can confirm the chip on your board is exactly the same as the one in the New MacBook Pro 2012 Retina Display:
http://www.techrepublic.com/photos/...acbook-pro-with-retina-display/6372862?seq=62
Your Thunderbolt should work!!

Nice find!. Thnx for the heads up.

Edit; System moved to my friend. Did only the install. Won't update my z68-d2h-b3 just yet until Gigabyte brings a supported mAtx TB. Same for IB

I got an Z77X-UP4 TH and install Lion and Mountain Lion. Everything is almost OK, but I found that Intel-USB3 work with USB3 devices, and doesn't t work with USB2 devices plug-in Intel-USB3 port. It mean that Intel-USB3 can not compatible with USB2 device. Does someone know how to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back