Contribute
Register

None of the Usb 2/3 works Z77X-UP4 TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered the GA-Z77X-UP4-TH for my new and first ever build. :(
So we are thinking that USB 3.0 won't be supported? I find it strange that they put this in the 2012 build guide for PRO's if this is the case.
Can someone in the know chime in about this maybe?

Thanks!

Agree, At this time none of the Ivy Bridge combo's should be in the BG.

@remoteworks,

Can you confirm that the thunderbolt is working? I see the CPU issue is eventually going to be resolved with the chameleon team.

It seems you were able to get at least the Intel USB2/3 working with the correct Bios settings?

I am still looking into buying either this board or the ASus P8Z77-V Premium but I don't think Thunderbolt is working on that board.

Yeah your right. Osx shows the correct cpu > i7 at 3,5Ghz. Speedstep sort of works 16 and 35 > No Turbo states.
I think the native usb3 ports do not works because the cpu is not fully supported but correct me if i'm wrong

RW

im sure it is bootloader issue not ML OSX at all

did u set the correct bios settings ? xHCI mode set to Auto , and EHCI Hand-off has to be enabled or the USB ports won't work at all

did u set the correct bios settings ? xHCI mode set to Auto , and EHCI Hand-off has to be enabled or the USB ports won't work at all

Yeah found this post http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/276/
All settings tested i guess. Will look at this again.
I do not own this board, but build it on request for a good friend. Quite happy with the speed of the setup (3770k/16gb/6870)

Thnx for the help!

RW

@remoteworks,

Can you confirm that the thunderbolt is working? I see the CPU issue is eventually going to be resolved with the chameleon team.
It seems you were able to get at least the Intel USB2/3 working with the correct Bios settings?
I am still looking into buying either this board or the ASus P8Z77-V Premium but I don't think Thunderbolt is working on that board.

Not tested yet.
Only usb2 at this point Will recheck asap.
I cannot recommend asus for various reasons.

RW

I can confirm the usb3 ports are working (2below network & front header) when selecting xchi > auto and usb3 controller > enabled. With usb2 it's a bit of a different story and why i posted this topic. Some devices do not work > Hd and Flashdrive do not mount. Keyboard/BT/Mouse are fine. Only mac related. Windows is fine.

So sort of solved!

RW

Btw if the usb3 controller is disabled, the Intel usb3 ports do not work with usb2 devices!

I can confirm the usb3 ports are working (2below network & front header) when selecting xchi > auto and usb3 controller > enabled. With usb2 it's a bit of a different story and why i posted this topic. Some devices do not work > Hd and Flashdrive do not mount. Keyboard/BT/Mouse are fine. Only mac related. Windows is fine.

So sort of solved!

RW

Btw if the usb3 controller is disabled, the Intel usb3 ports do not work with usb2 devices!

dont worry > u can easy fix ur issue , just install usb 3 kext from multibeast 4.6.1 and now should everything work ;)

EDIT: idont know why we need right now 3d party kext for the native intel usb 3 OOB

other way u can disable xhci mode and u should have usb 3 port (non vl800) works with usb 2 devices

dont worry > u can easy fix ur issue , just install usb 3 kext from multibeast 4.6.1 and now should everything work ;)
EDIT: idont know why we need right now 3d party kext for the native intel usb 3 OOB

Huh! What! OK > Nice

Thnx. All problem with mounting devices solved with the Pxhcd.kext. Did test this, but apparently i have a different kext!
Only thing is that when the usb3 controller is set enabled, it destroys sleep. I do not have a usb3 device so i don't know if they still work at the correct speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back