Graphics
nVidia GT240
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just want a temporary mac for one year, after which I'll probably buy a real one. Currently I have a complex build of Asus P5VD2-VM board + Intel Dual-Core which was possible with lots of editing and modifications. It runs leopard, but can't do snow leopard.

I want something that could run snow leopard, but i don't want i3/i5/i7. I'm from India and finding a P55 board is also very difficult here. I was wondering if there was any other board that could run snow leopard vanilla/almost vanilla and also with a Core2Duo (i5/i7 are costly as hell here, and I don't want to go for i3).

Any suggestions, guys?

Also, I'd like to ask, whether a H55+i3 combo will work or not? The only board that is available here (compatible with i3/i5) is the Intel H55 (DH55HC). I could go for it, but i've heard that H55s are not fully compatible with osx. (and i don't want an i3, but if there are no other options, then i'll have no choice).

Please help me out guys. I'm really confused.

aquib90 said:
I just want a temporary mac for one year, after which I'll probably buy a real one. Currently I have a complex build of Asus P5VD2-VM board + Intel Dual-Core which was possible with lots of editing and modifications. It runs leopard, but can't do snow leopard.

I want something that could run snow leopard, but i don't want i3/i5/i7. I'm from India and finding a P55 board is also very difficult here. I was wondering if there was any other board that could run snow leopard vanilla/almost vanilla and also with a Core2Duo (i5/i7 are costly as hell here, and I don't want to go for i3).

Any suggestions, guys?

Also, I'd like to ask, whether a H55+i3 combo will work or not? The only board that is available here (compatible with i3/i5) is the Intel H55 (DH55HC). I could go for it, but i've heard that H55s are not fully compatible with osx. (and i don't want an i3, but if there are no other options, then i'll have no choice).

H55/i3 works fine with a separate video card.

Thank you for the answer. I was really confused there.

I'll go for the DH55HC board then, as its available easily. And also an i3 processor.
Thanks again! :D

aquib90 said:

Any suggestions, guys?

I'm using that EXACT setup (i5/i7 also is costly here - South Africa) So I've got a Intel H55/i3 with an nVidia 9800 GT 512 -- Not too bad... I've been running it for about 6 months now with no problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back