Graphics
Nvidia GTX 550 TI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was able to get 10.8.2 installed on my Dell XPX 8300. But the wireless card is not working. The model of my wireless card is DW1501. I searched the forum for this card but I'm not sure about the results I found. Is there a way to get this card working? Thanks!

first post :)

I was able to get 10.8.2 installed on my Dell XPX 8300. But the wireless card is not working. The model of my wireless card is DW1501. I searched the forum for this card but I'm not sure about the results I found. Is there a way to get this card working? Thanks!

first post :)

Most likely, no unless it uses Broadcom or Atheros networking which it probably doesn't.

If it won't work, what are my best, cheapest option to get wireless internet? I really need that to work.

Thanks for the fast responses. After searching the forum, I just ordered a DW1515 from eBay. Hopefully that will solve my problems.

I popped the DW1515 in and the wireless is working perfectly. Thanks!

I popped the DW1515 in and the wireless is working perfectly. Thanks!

OK, I guess I spoke too soon. I just rebooted the computer and the wireless is still working, but it did not remember my network. Now I have to manually put in the password to connect. I don't want to have to do this every time I start up the computer. Was I supposed to install a driver for the DW1515? i assumed the driver for my old DW1501 would be sufficient. Any ideas?

Well, I entered all of the information again, and the next time I booted it remembered my network. Not sure why it didn't the first time. Oh well. Hopefully it will keep remembering my network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back