Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon 7770 HD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok so I dont know if it is because I'm using a different motherboard than is recommended or maybe I missed a step somewhere, but I get no option to be able to use Wi-Fi in my OS X Snow Leopard when i go to "Advanced" in the network window of system preferences. The only options I get are through modem, dns, wins, Proxies or PPP. Is there something I'm missing?

AsRock Z77 Extreme4
Intel Core i5-3570K
4GB ram (after Mac OS X installation)
1TB HDD
TP-LINK TL-WN851ND

Ok so I dont know if it is because I'm using a different motherboard than is recommended or maybe I missed a step somewhere, but I get no option to be able to use Wi-Fi in my OS X Snow Leopard when i go to "Advanced" in the network window of system preferences. The only options I get are through modem, dns, wins, Proxies or PPP. Is there something I'm missing?

AsRock Z77 Extreme4
Intel Core i5-3570K
1TB HDD
TP-LINK TL-WN851ND

Since SL kernel has no support for the Ivy Bridge boards/CPUs, WiFi is probably not going to work. You will need to use the onboard NIC "hardwired' to modem with ethernet cable to access the internet. Then you can download and install Mavericks.

AsRock Z77 Extreme4
Intel Core i5-3570K
1TB HDD
TP-LINK TL-WN851ND

jeffrey

Going Bald is correct as your Hardware is not native to Snow Leo its best to use the on board wired nic to connect to the internet first then upgrade to Mavericks.

Also I would suggest that you know what the chip is on this Wifi card as the manufactures update the chip and this will make finding the kext for that chip easier to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back