CPU
Intel 4710HQ 2.5 Ghz
Graphics
Intel HD 4600 iGPU , Nvidia GTX 860m DGPU at 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello , thanks to this forum i have a near perfect hackintosh laptop for which i'm very thankful!

Now there's just one little thing that makes my hackintosh life a little harder; I have no volume control over my HDMI (only audio output) channel. When i press any volume key , a "blocked" icon appears where the volume bars should be.

I followed instructions posted somewhere buried in a post by Feartech, he said in order to get HDMI output working you first have to get onboard working. For this, he referred to MironeAudio HDApatcher and this enabled my HDMi audio and nothing else. That's fine however, i only want to use HDMI audio.

I'd just like some control over my volume with the volume keys on my keyboard instead of getting the receiver remote.

Did i take the wrong route by doing the HDApatcher by Mirone? As far far as i've read, HDMI audio patches work by changing the port in frame buffer to a HDMI one ( 000040000 to 00080000) but i have already done this to get my HDMI working in the first place.

Problem reporting files are attached!

Attachments

• debug_59.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 133
Now there's just one little thing that makes my hackintosh life a little harder; I have no volume control over my HDMI (only audio output) channel. When i press any volume key , a "blocked" icon appears where the volume bars should be.

It is as per Apple design. A real Mac would have the same result.

It is as per Apple design. A real Mac would have the same result.
Fair enough.. Is there any hack around this apart from fixing onboard aux? I've tried adding virtual audio devices in MIDI audio setup, but would give me the same result. If not, i guess one can't have everything he wants ;)
Thanks for your quick reply!

Fair enough.. Is there any hack around this apart from fixing onboard aux? I've tried adding virtual audio devices in MIDI audio setup, but would give me the same result.
Thanks for your quick reply!

I think there are some 3rd party software that can do it.
Google might help you find it.

Hello @niceman1313,

I had the same issue like you and found a 3rd party app called Soundflower and Soundflowerbed which is working fine so far. Is a kind of bypass for the audio driver and let you control the HDMI or Display port audio.

Regards

Last edited:
Hello @niceman1313,

I had the same issue like you and found a 3rd party app called Soundflower and Soundflowerbed which is working fine so far. Is a kind of bypass for the audio driver and let you control the HDMI or Display port audio.

Regards
Hello GMarrara ,

Thanks for your suggestion.
I had come across Soundflower(bed), and was quite happy with it! The only problem i had come across is that it drastically lowers sound quality.. The noise floor is higher, and more easily distorts at somewhat higher volumes. So i just ended up using the AV-Receiver's remote

Hello GMarrara ,

Thanks for your suggestion.
I had come across Soundflower(bed), and was quite happy with it! The only problem i had come across is that it drastically lowers sound quality.. The noise floor is higher, and more easily distorts at somewhat higher volumes. So i just ended up using the AV-Receiver's remote
Hey man, I'm also a dutchie with a BTO 15CL58, I wondered if you'te still on Mojave and would like to help me or exchange Clover folders? Thanks to your and maldon/rehabmans help I got everything apart from hibernation, hdmi audio, and wiif working :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back