No video when I try to boot with Osx Usb High Sierra install drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z77-ds3h
CPU
Graphics
Gtx 1060 6GB Gainward Phoenix
I know for sure that the usb drive I created with unibeast is fine because in one computer it worked 100% fine.
the problem is that when I try to boot from the usb drive on another pc I don't get anything but a black screen.
how is that? the pc that is giving problems is connected with a dvi (from the dvi port of a gtx 1060 gpu) to hdmi cable (27" hp full hd monitor)
how can I work it out? is this a problem of the bios settings, the video card or the cable connection?

I know for sure that the usb drive I created with unibeast is fine because in one computer it worked 100% fine.
the problem is that when I try to boot from the usb drive on another pc I don't get anything but a black screen.
how is that? the pc that is giving problems is connected with a dvi (from the dvi port of a gtx 1060 gpu) to hdmi cable (27" hp full hd monitor)
how can I work it out? is this a problem of the bios settings, the video card or the cable connection?

I had this problem and the solution might be the same. What I suspect is that your display is connected to your video card instead of your motherboard. Reboot your computer and enter the bios settings. Configure it so that the default is to output from the motherboard or on-board graphics instead of a PCIe slot. Save the settings. Power down the computer, and plug in your display o your motherboard's video input. Power on the computer and try again.

Now it should work. Perform the installation and now you can download the drivers for your video card card and undo the BIOS settings you changed before. I hope this solves your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back