Contribute
Register

No Video signal after startup! Can't see BIOS...STUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M-D3H GSM F.2
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear Friends,

I had a Mojave - System (10.14.0) running but there was a problem with the display. After a while (half a year) I needed to hot plug the HDMI after the hackintosh booted into the OS to get the display without coloured lines. (Wasn't like that in the beginning.)

So I decided to update the whatever kext to the latest version via Kext Updater.
After doing so, the display stayed black (turned on but only the backlight). Somehow after many restarts I could see the desktop (bad graphic) and decided to update to 10.14.6 from the system panel to match the Whatever to the system. I believe it updated completely, but ever since I only have the black screen or no signal at all. Changing the ports from DVI to HDMI doesn't make a difference. Unfortunately I don't have a VGA Monitor for testing.

Who can help me with getting back the signal to the right output?
Since I cannot see the BIOS it is impossible for me to change it. (Or change anything else.)

l cannot even start my Hackintosh build from the beginning since I don't see what I am doing. Disconnecting all the hard drives didn't change a thing.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance,

Eike

Don't think VGA will help as I don't believe that is supported anymore. I assume you CAN boot into the BIOS?

Have you tried switching monitors to another hdmi one? Dedicated graphics or intergraded?

Josh

Hi Josh and thanks for your response.

I did try different monitors but that didn't help. Also changing from DP to HDMI wasn't working. I just reseted the cmos of the motherboard but it makes no difference. After unplugging everything (incl. the hard drives) it gave me a signal and said I should attach a drive and hit a key. When I did so the video out signal was gone again. Restarted at least 50 times so far.

Do you have a bootable flash drive with linux/mac/windows on it? Can you try booting off that?

Okay, so I finally got the video signal back. I had to get the RX580 from my other Hackintosh and put it in this one. Then I could get a video signal through the card and change the BIOS to use the onboard GFX as initial display. Now I can boot and see what I am doing. I finished the installation of 10.14.6 and put the RX580 back to the other Hackintosh. Now I have to fix the sleep and automatic restarts.

Thanks for your help,

Eike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back