NVIDIA GTS250
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've updated using the combo update form 1.6.0 to 1.6.7 and the video is not working at all. I have a NVIDIA GTS 250 1G. I've tried with Chameleon R5 (from multibeast) and graphicsenabler in boot.plist, with EFI string and with NVEnabler kext (from multibeast too).

The best I've got is a black screen with the EFI string, with NVEnabler the display goes to sleep.

All the boot process goes fine, even I can connect from another computer using AFP and share files.

Any ideas???

* Sorry I wanted to post it in the official 10.6.7 thread... :p please admin move it...

aonez said:
I've updated using the combo update form 1.6.0 to 1.6.7 and the video is not working at all. I have a NVIDIA GTS 250 1G. I've tried with Chameleon R5 (from multibeast) and graphicsenabler in boot.plist, with EFI string and with NVEnabler kext (from multibeast too).

The best I've got is a black screen with the EFI string, with NVEnabler the display goes to sleep.

All the boot process goes fine, even I can connect from another computer using AFP and share files.

Any ideas???

* Sorry I wanted to post it in the official 10.6.7 thread... :p please admin move it...

Topic moved to Graphics Support.

Ok I'm now working with GraphicsEnabler and EFI string, but in VGA with a "low motion" but full resolution...

All my working process for the history: 10.6.7 using only Graphics Enabler + Efi string + Chameleon RC5 build 699.

1. com.apple.Boot.plist + Efi string attached the file. I use it with -v flag, delete it if you want to see the apple logo.

2. The bootloader is in Multibeast, the first one. But I'm pretty sure you can use almost any one out there from the RC5 branch.

2. Last but not least, I've updated the nvidia drivers using the package from tonymacx86.Don't know if this last point really help at all, but always is good to have all up-to-date.

What works:

DVI and VGA works with native resolution and hardware acceleration. HDMI does not work at all, If I boot from HDMI I have no video output, if I boot with VGA/DVI and then I connect HDMI cable the video hangs, system is fine and I can get in trough network, but I can't even move the cursor until I manually reboot. So just use VGA or DVI.
* On 10.6.0 HDMI work well, as a secondary output until I configure Mirroring, then I get HDMI as a primary output. Just in 10.6.0.

With DVI I get full color control and smooth movements, I can create my custom color profile. With VGA I can't create any color profile and is a little less smooth. As I use my DVI port in the monitor with another computer, I've used a DVI-to-VGA connector so I can use the DVI port of the nvidia + color profile trough my the VGA port in the monitor.

PD: Quicktime (with Perian) hangs a little and do not open formats that must open, so better use VLC. HTML5 video does not work... :evil:

Attachments

• com.apple.Boot.plist
    1.7 KB · Views: 257
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back