CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
HD 630 - RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There is no USB 2 ports shown in system report and when attaching USB 3 external HDD the mouse becomes erratic and keyboard stops working. I am using the latest USBinjectall.kext and XHCI-200.kext and using the latest patch in kernel and other patch for 10.13.6+ patch by PMHeart

attaching the ioreg file and kextcache file

Attachments

• IORegister.zip
    579.6 KB · Views: 47
  • kextcache.txt.zip
    4 KB · Views: 55
  • config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 162
@RehabMan
My front side USB 2 is working as not connected properly on the motherboard but under system information is not shown separately.

I have gone through your guide for creating custom SSDT but my mother board has

2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB header
8 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (6 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 1 support
Has Bluetooth on port 10

I am on High Sierra 10.13.6 and using 8,1 mac model SMBIOS

what will happen to the 15 port limit?
or
should I map all the ports and also use the patch to remove the 15 port limit?

my main problem is when I attach a USB 3.0 external HDD my Logitech MK235 keyboard mouse combo starts behaving oddly, the mouse will jump when moving, sometimes the keyboard will not work or registering the keypress would be delayed as if the connection with the wifi receiver is not proper or weak etc. Once the HDD is ejected it works properly

with other USB 2.0 HDD, pen drives even installed simultaneously has no problems.

Thanks

Last edited:
@RehabMan
My front side USB 2 is working as not connected properly on the motherboard but under system information is not shown separately.

Not expected to be shown separately.
Your motherboard has no EHCI, so everything is on xHCI (USB3).

@RehabMan

I have identified the active ports as per IORegister program method identified the port as follows

HS01, HS02 Front USB3 (when USB 2 device attached) corresponding SS01,SS02 when USB3 HDD attached
HS03 to HS08 Back USB3 (when USB 2 device attached) corresponding SS03,SS08 when USB3 HDD attached
HS09 USB C (when USB 2 device attached) corresponding SS09 when USB3 HDD attached
HS10 internal Bluetooth
HS11 front side USB2

Now 2 Questions
or
I understand that the Bluetooth should be port connector type 255, the onboard 6 USB3 and USB-C port should be type 3 but what about the 2 USB3 and 1 USB2 front side port connected on motherboard via USB headers? is it type 3 or 255?

Thanks

@RehabMan

I have identified the active ports as per IORegister program method identified the port as follows

HS01, HS02 Front USB3 (when USB 2 device attached) corresponding SS01,SS02 when USB3 HDD attached
HS03 to HS08 Back USB3 (when USB 2 device attached) corresponding SS03,SS08 when USB3 HDD attached
HS09 USB C (when USB 2 device attached) corresponding SS09 when USB3 HDD attached
HS10 internal Bluetooth
HS11 front side USB2

Now 2 Questions
or
I understand that the Bluetooth should be port connector type 255, the onboard 6 USB3 and USB-C port should be type 3 but what about the 2 USB3 and 1 USB2 front side port connected on motherboard via USB headers? is it type 3 or 255?

Thanks

Don't forget to check the USB-C with USB3 devices in both orientations (it may use a different port than SS09 in the other orientation)
You currently have 13 ports, so once you create the SSDT to inject only the required ports, you won't need the port limit patch as you'll be within the 15 limit.
USB-C is either 9 or 10 depending on the type of USB-C (see ACPI spec for _UPC).
External USB3 are always UsbConnector=3. 255 is only for ports connected to internal devices.

@RehabMan
Thanks, attaching my SSDT-UIAC.aml please have look
only one thing left to see that my iPad charges on the port

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    893 bytes · Views: 79
@RehabMan
Thanks, attaching my SSDT-UIAC.aml please have look
only one thing left to see that my iPad charges on the port

If you have a question, you should state it clearly.
And you should reply to the USBInjectAll guide thread with full PR files as requested in the post #1.

If you have a question, you should state it clearly.
And you should reply to the USBInjectAll guide thread with full PR files as requested in the post #1.
My problem is that iPad is not charging

My problem is that iPad is not charging

You forgot: "And you should reply to the USBInjectAll guide thread with full PR files as requested in the post #1."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back