i3-2120
Graphics
HD 2000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey there,

I just installed the 10.8.1 update and I do not have TRIM enabled anymore. Even after I re-ran multibeast and rebooted. What can I do to enable TRIM again?

Thanks in advice guys,
cr4nky

EDIT: It works with the new script I found here https://gist.github.com/3438740

# for revert instructions please see http://digitaldj.net/2011/07/21/trim-enabler-for-lion/
# \x51 is changed to \x4d in the script

sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage.original
sudo perl -pi -e 's|(\x52\x6F\x74\x61\x74\x69\x6F\x6E\x61\x6C\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x4d)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-08-23 um 22.13.26.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-08-23 um 22.13.26.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 355
Nice one Tot31:clap:

Thanks for the app! It seems to do the same as the bash script. Maybe MultiBeast needs to be updated?

Thanks cr4nky, I was waiting for someone to report success on a hackintosh + ML before daring to do it myself
It's nice to see those instructions at http://digitaldj.net/2011/07/21/trim-enabler-for-lion/ include 10.8.1

Before this, when I was trying Multibeast 5.0.2, it always failed to enable TRIM support, both under 10.8 or 10.8.1 BTW. Here are the related messages in the console:
========================
---- coreservicesd[83]: Application App:"Installer" [ 0x0/0x74074] @ 0x0x7ffa3d030ab0 tried to be brought forward, but isn't in fPermittedFrontASNs ( ( ASN:0x0-0x80080:) ), so denying.

---- WindowServer[185]: [cps/setfront] Failed setting the front application to Installer, psn 0x0-0x74074, securitySessionID=0x186a4, err=-13066

---- Installer[721]: CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.
========================

Strangely, even though it was failing to enable TRIM, Multibeast reported "Sucess" at the end (and TRIM enable was the ONLY option checked).

In addition, I note that when starting Multibeast I ALWAYS get this message, even before choosing any options:
---- Installer[584]: CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.
I don't know but this also looks like an error to me, right from the start, although it does not prevent Multibeast to work when adding the other options I needed. Only TRIM did not work.

[EDIT] reported under MultiBeast Bug Reports section:[ http://www.tonymacx86.com/multibeast-bug-reports/69293-mb-5-0-2-fails-enable-trim-10-8-10-8-1-a.html ]

Hi, I have been trying for the longest time to get TRIM working on my hackintosh (10.8), but so far have been unable to do so. I have read many of the post here, and checked elsewhere on the internet, but nothing has been able to solve my problem. I have tried enabling TRIM through multibeast, through the application TRIM Enabler, and through Terminal, but nothing has worked. I have two ssd drives (Crucial C300 and OCZ Vertex 4) that I have tried with these methods, but have been unsuccesful with either one :banghead:. Does anybody know what I may be doing wrong, or if my ssds simply do not support TRIM. Thanks so much for any help :thumbup:!

Palabrinx, Measure the drive speed and see the speed you getting are accurate. Sometimes it is just a cosmetic issue.
Also attach the DSDT if you are using one ill look at it.

Hi!

FYI-

In ML 10.8.3, I also still had no trim support after enabling Trim via MultiBeast (5.2.1):
Trim Enabler MB521.png

But after using the Trim Enabler (linked above) it was fine.
(It´s a Samsung SSD 840 MZ-7TD250)

Greetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back