Contribute
Register

No ssd found in disk utilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
UEFI version.

UEFI.png

Obviously install and grab the HFSPlus or UEFI Version then setup your clover correctly, then try to install. If you still cant boot into the installer, grab tonymacx86's config.plist from the forum it should be at the top of the Sierra Desktop Forum.

Last edited:
The problem is not with booting into the installer. That works just fine but when I try to use disk utilities to format my ssd it is not recognised.

The problem is not with booting into the installer. That works just fine but when I try to use disk utilities to format my ssd it is not recognised.

Did you open the EFI partition on the drive? Clover configurator, mount EFI and select the proper disk i.e.. Disk0s1, disk1s1, etc. close clover and the EFI portion will appear on your desktop. Open it and drag files to trash. Then try disk utility. Some files can't be erased or formatted because they're not in Apple format. I had this problem with a usb stick.

As I stated before, the problem is not with the usb stick or the installer. The installer boots just fine so the usb stick has to be ok. The problem that I have is with the ssd which is not recognised during the installation process. The ssd that I want to use to install Sierra contains a working El Capitan installation, so there can't be a problem either or else I'm sure it would not boot.

Last edited:
As I stated before, the problem is not with the usb stick or the installer. The installer boots just fine so the usb stick has to be ok. The problem that I have is with the ssd which is not recognised during the installation process. The ssd that I want to use to install Sierra contains a working El Capitan installation, so there can't be a problem either or else I'm sure it would not boot.

If your using the boot usb, you are best off with a newly partitioned Ssd, your El Capitan Ssd has only one partition and it's being used so there's nothing for the sub to recognize as ready for install. You may need to install another partition to the boot disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back