Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got my HP Probook 4430s updated to Mavericks and had it all fully working. Restarted computer just to make sure everything worked, it did. Then after school today I turned it off, came home and turned it on and there is no sound. The voodoo HDA settings were missing from System Preferences. I was going to just use the Probook Installer to install the OS X Support Kexts for my system, but last time I did that I instantly got a kernel panic on boot and had to go back into my Mavericks installation USB terminal to delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to get it to boot. I don't know if I did something wrong or what, I just need help getting it back. Thanks

I got my HP Probook 4430s updated to Mavericks and had it all fully working. Restarted computer just to make sure everything worked, it did. Then after school today I turned it off, came home and turned it on and there is no sound. The voodoo HDA settings were missing from System Preferences. I was going to just use the Probook Installer to install the OS X Support Kexts for my system, but last time I did that I instantly got a kernel panic on boot and had to go back into my Mavericks installation USB terminal to delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to get it to boot. I don't know if I did something wrong or what, I just need help getting it back. Thanks

We don't use VoodooHDA on the ProBook, we use patched AppleHDA.

You are probably best served by installing fresh using the 'sticky guide' at the top of this forum. Your current install sounds like it is a real mess.

I got it figured out. I removed the kext from VoodooHDA and the stuff in System Preferences. Then I saw that there was an AppleHDADisabler.kext, so I removed that and figured out there was no AppleHDA.kext. Dug through my Unibeast USB and found the kext, copied it over, ran the Probook Installer, and now it works. And I rebuilt my kext cache a few times to be safe.
I have no clue what I did to end up like that, but that's how I fixed it.

I got it figured out. I removed the kext from VoodooHDA and the stuff in System Preferences. Then I saw that there was an AppleHDADisabler.kext, so I removed that and figured out there was no AppleHDA.kext. Dug through my Unibeast USB and found the kext, copied it over, ran the Probook Installer, and now it works. And I rebuilt my kext cache a few times to be safe.
I have no clue what I did to end up like that, but that's how I fixed it.

I hope there is no more surprises in your install. Because I don't know how you have VoodooHDA installed without knowing how it got there.

Well that I tried installing thinking it was what I needed, but I was obviously wrong and screwed everything else up I guess.

Well that I tried installing thinking it was what I needed, but I was obviously wrong and screwed everything else up I guess.

Well, at least you know how it got there... Your prior message was written in such a way that it sounded as if you didn't think you installed it. Thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back