Contribute
Register

No Sound (Realtek ALC 294) ASUS ROG Strix Hero II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I used my other Hackintosh to extract the Vanilla AppleHDA.kext and I then put it on a USB drive, put it on Windows on my laptop, then booted to macOS, and then I moved it to my desktop, and then I used Hackintool to install it. Then I restarted. Still, I get no outputs or inputs. Should I give up at this point? I'm too dumb for this.

EDIT: USB audio devices seem to work fine.

Last edited:
Ok so I think I'm going to give up. I don't know anything about coding. And I've extensively looked over the DSDT patching for the battery fixes and I won't be able to do it unless I pour hours and hours into learning, which I can't. So I think I will just stick with USB audio devices and a half-working Hackintosh for now. All I really need to do is record my phone screen and edit videos, which I should be able to do just fine without native audio, USB drives, Battery %, and trackpad. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it, but I'm too dumb for this stuff.

Ok so I think I'm going to give up. I don't know anything about coding. And I've extensively looked over the DSDT patching for the battery fixes and I won't be able to do it unless I pour hours and hours into learning, which I can't. So I think I will just stick with USB audio devices and a half-working Hackintosh for now. All I really need to do is record my phone screen and edit videos, which I should be able to do just fine without native audio, USB drives, Battery %, and trackpad. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it, but I'm too dumb for this stuff.
or you can download macOS from app store and re run it

or you can start from scratch

also you haven't uploaded any problem reporting files.....

Mine also ALC294. But i cannot get my mic and speaker work together.
Using hackintool method (AppleALC && Lilu),
I have two different result based on 4 different layout ID.
ID 11,12: Only Internal speaker working; Internal mic & earphone mic & audio are not working.
ID 13,21: Internal mic & earphone mic & audio are working. Only Internal Speaker not working.
It is just like there are just dependent on each other. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back