Register

No sound on GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H running 10.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i3
Graphics
GT 640
Just upgraded to 10.8.2 and everything works flawless besides the sound. I tried about everything. Any ideas? Thanks.

Just upgraded to 10.8.2 and everything works flawless besides the sound. I tried about everything. Any ideas? Thanks.
Every Software Update replaces the installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext with a native AppleHDA.kext.

The recommendation is to back up S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to the Desktop prior to the running the Software Update and, after the update, run KextBeast to install the backup AppleHDA.kext.

If there is no AppleHDA.kext backup, run MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC887 Current. Make a screenshot of the MultiBeast selections and save for reference. Restart

If there is no audio, see ML: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting.

Every Software Update replaces the installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext with a native AppleHDA.kext.

The recommendation is to back up S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to the Desktop prior to the running the Software Update and, after the update, run KextBeast to install the backup AppleHDA.kext.

If there is no AppleHDA.kext backup, run MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC887 Current. Make a screenshot of the MultiBeast selections and save for reference. Restart

If there is no audio, see ML: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting.

Thanks so much "current" didn't work so I chose "Legacy" and works flawless! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back