Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When I first built the machine in January I could not get sound to work.
When Multibeast first came out I successfully got sound working.
I foolishly upgraded to 10.6.3 and have never got sound to work again.

Today I wiped the disk clean. I burned iBoot to a CD but couldn't get the machine to boot from it, so I instead put the hard disk on my MacBookPro to:
- install 10.6.0
- run the 10.6.2 combo updater
- install gigabeast for GA-P55-UD4

On taking the disk to the Hackintosh it all works perfectly *except* the sound. No input or output devices are found by the Sound system preferences panel, although it looks as if something is recognized in System Profiler:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1458A002
Audio ID: 888
Available Devices:
External Microphone:
Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack
External Microphone:
Line In:
Headphone:
Speaker:
Line Out:
Line Out:
Line Out:
S/P-DIF Out:
Connection: Combo
S/P-DIF In:
Connection: Combo

(I also tried 10.6.3 with AppleHDA 10.6.2, but no luck)

What should I do next?

Hello !

I have exactly the same problem on my GA-P55-UD3... Tried then to install an audio kext by Easybeast, but no audio kext works... Moreover, now, impossible to reboot the Hack, even pressing -x before booting...

Thanks if somebody finds a solution...

The best thing to do in both cases would be to go into System/Library/Extensions and delete your AppleHDA.kext. Then delete your whole /Extra folder. Then run MultiBeast- and choose 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext, Gigabeast. and Disk Utilities. Good luck! :mrgreen:

What will installing the 10.6.2 AppleHDA kext do when the machine already has a fresh 10.6.2 after a disk wipe?

brucehoult said:
What will installing the 10.6.2 AppleHDA kext do when the machine already has a fresh 10.6.2 after a disk wipe?
Then it's unneeded.

Yeah, didn't seem to make sense. But I tried it anyway. To no-one's surprise, no change.

I also just tried adding the HDAEnabler and LegacyHDA for the ALC888. Still nothing.

This is frustrating, especially since I once had sound working with 10.6.2 and an ancient Multibeast.

Bring up terminal and find out what kexts files are loaded and see if you even have an audio kext loaded:

you can run "kextstat"

and / or

kextfind -case-insensitive -bundle-id -substring 'com.apple.' -print | more

kextfind -case-insensitive -bundle-id -substring 'com.hda.' -print | more

Hello...

GA-p55-UD4 uses Realtek ALC 889; UD3 ALC 888... So I Think the solution for you is the same as for me : "ALC88X VOODOOHDA PATCHED NODES VERSION V2.5.6" in this forum...

I followed this tuto and now, my Hack speaks again... My config is perfect, I will save it with Time Machine on a external HD...

Good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back