Contribute
Register

No sound in ASUS P8H67-M. Tried everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
dmazar said:
I like your choice :clap:
I do not know how experienced you are. If you are like me (new to this), you might need some time. If you need help - post it here. I'll be glad to help. Although, I'm leaving on a vacation this weekend for two weeks.

I'm a PC programmer, but not for hardware, just software... but the threads you pointed me to seem quite complete... if they explain clearly what you have to do there should be no problem...

freaker said:
I'm a PC programmer, but not for hardware, just software

Same here. This gives you good start.

freaker said:
but the threads you pointed me to seem quite complete... if they explain clearly what you have to do there should be no problem...

They are not complete. That's the problem. They are good in covering codec verbs (description of the nodes), less good in covering connections between nodes and no info on how to put it into dummy kext as pathmaps and layout. That's where existing kext helps. You can see in it where data is added and then insert yours.

dmazar said:
freaker said:
I'm a PC programmer, but not for hardware, just software

Same here. This gives you good start.

freaker said:
but the threads you pointed me to seem quite complete... if they explain clearly what you have to do there should be no problem...

They are not complete. That's the problem. They are good in covering codec verbs (description of the nodes), less good in covering connections between nodes and no info on how to put it into dummy kext as pathmaps and layout. That's where existing kext helps. You can see in it where data is added and then insert yours.

oh.... crap :-D

Well... I will see how far I can get...

I guess this would be much more easier if somebody with advanced knowledge made the right DSTD for my motherboard...

freaker said:
I guess this would be much more easier if somebody with advanced knowledge made the right DSTD for my motherboard...

Not really. DSDT edit for audio would just eliminate need to have HDAEnabler88b in /S/L/E. You would still need AppleHDA rollback and kext for your codec.

As you said the posts were not complete. I went as far as getting all the files
I have
codec_dump
codec_dump_dec
codecgraph
codecs.txt
pinconfig.txt
verbitdebug.txt
verbs.txt

I had to patch verbit as it was complaining with the input file (I figured out the bad part and commented it). But after following this two posts you told me... they started to be confusing and seemed incomplete.

So I give up for the moment (I hope you can help me a little bit after you come back from holidays, that would be very appreciated)

For the time being I installed my SB Live and found an excellent driver for it. I actually bought on ebay today another one with firewire input -I've checked it and OSX detects it- and a front panel, so I get the front panel working too...

But I'm really looking forward to implement this driver if you can help me a little...

regards

hey freaker,

did you get this sorted out? I've the exact same mobo with audio issues ... I deleted a legacy 888 from my system/extension folder, and my audio worked right away ... rebooted and back to problems ...

stuck and its VERY frustrating ... everything else is werkin perfect. thanks in advance

Hi... no I havent

I've tried a lot of things, a lot of drivers but no success... Finally I installed VodooHDA, but the first time I got a KP during installation and my system borked out, so I had to recover it with TimeMachine. Second time I tried it worked out, but sound using VodooHDA is the crappiest thing ever. Loads of hiss... even turning the mics down. So I removed the kext.

Finally I installe my good old SoundBlaster Live and at least I have line out.

I decided to make a driver for the card and tried to follow different tutorials, but they start very well... and towards the middle they start to be vague and non conclusive, so I'm stuck in the middle of a drive creation waiting for some help from dmazar who I think is on holidays the next two weeks :)

when you say that the rest works ok, you mean you have "Sleep enable" working?

Are you sure you have the same card? There are several versions of P8H67-M. Mine is P8H67-M. Not LE, not anything else.

drumzilla said:
hey freaker,

did you get this sorted out? I've the exact same mobo with audio issues ... I deleted a legacy 888 from my system/extension folder, and my audio worked right away ... rebooted and back to problems ...

stuck and its VERY frustrating ... everything else is werkin perfect. thanks in advance

ok. looking closer, I'm a p8h67-m PRO. sleep-wise, it has no problems going in and out for sleep, and i simply awake by moving the mouse ...

I'm booting from the newer iBoot (not legacy), bridge helper, easybeast, and TRIM supporter. btw, this is the 2600k chip ...

I'm a newb @ best. I put together an i5 about a year ago that has treated me VERY well, but the whole sandy bridge thing is very enticing, ESPECIALLY with the announcement of Final Cut Pro X today ..

did you do anything special to get the sleep working????

drumzilla said:
ok. looking closer, I'm a p8h67-m PRO. sleep-wise, it has no problems going in and out for sleep, and i simply awake by moving the mouse ...

I'm booting from the newer iBoot (not legacy), bridge helper, easybeast, and TRIM supporter. btw, this is the 2600k chip ...

I'm a newb @ best. I put together an i5 about a year ago that has treated me VERY well, but the whole sandy bridge thing is very enticing, ESPECIALLY with the announcement of Final Cut Pro X today ..

just ran the sleep enabler kext from this site .. lmk if you need the link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back