CPU
Intel i7-6700K
Graphics
Leadtek Nvidia K620
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody. I have been attempting a first time Hackintosh build on a computer with the following details:

Working with Windoze 10 as follows

Gigabyte GA-Z170MX Gaming 5

Intel Core i7 6700K

Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD (Windoze Installed)

Samsung 850 Pro 128GB 2.5 inch SSD (For Scratch disk, photo editing)

Seagate 4TB SSHD (For File Storage)

Leadtek NVIDIA K620 GPU

Various Noctua fans, CPU cooler etc.

I installed a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch SSD to install macOS on and am having some teething problems.

I must say it is quite a bit of a learning curve for me but a good, if a little frustrating at this point.

The initial install was only partially successful.

(1) No network (I didn’t install any drivers as I couldn’t see what I should use).

(2) No sound (Ticked Realtek ALC1150 and 100 Series Audio

(for want of knowing what I should put in) (am using the green rear Line out connection)

(3) Video wouldn’t work so had to use onboard graphics.

(funny about that with no driver installed)

I realized that I had made some beginner mistakes when I looked at the System information so I formatted the USB drive again, formatted the SSD also and did a fresh install. About 4 more times with different settings each time as I understood more and realized some of my mistakes.

More success this time. Sound worked and Screen worked when connected to NVIDIA K620, sort of! The screen was a bit choppy at times

I will say at this point the GPU was already in the computer and I am not sure if it is compatible. I did a fair bit of searching and am still in the dark on this one.

I did another fresh install in an effort to get the choppiness out of the video and in doing so lost the sound. Unfortunately instead of printing the details of my UniBeast settings I saved them to macOS documents and forgot about them in my haste to do another installation!

Today I did another clean install from a newly formatted USB drive with UniBeast 7.1.1 and MultiBeast 9.1.0

No change, Sound still not working and Video still choppy. (doesn’t appear to be as choppy as before, only occasionally)

I have read extensively in the hardware troubleshooting and similar builds by others using the same motherboard but at this point I haven’t a clue on where I am going wrong so I am throwing myself at your mercy. Please be gentle with me!
I posted in the wrong forum to start with so I deleted that and did it again here. Hope it is correct.

Attached are some screenshots of my settings.
System Info Overview.png

System Info Audio.png

System Info Graphics.png

System Info Network.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back