Contribute
Register

no sound gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r

Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead:

Having the exact same problem, been running 10.7 fine with no problems and my original install was done with MultiBeast and the DSDT for our board. Just can't get the audio working again :cry:

Let's keep plugging away at it and if we don't find the solution hopefully some one more knowledgable will come along soon.

pablin262004 said:
i have update to lion 7.2 and no sound
installed apple hda rollback and realtek extension and no sound too
problem please help!!!!

Ok i sorted my sounds fella, i'm not saying this is the right approach but it appears to have worked for me.

Have a read on the following link

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19468

My initial install was done using the DSDT for the MOBO but i done the following :-

As the above mentioned post suggested i removed a number of the *.kext files

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler*.kext (yes, all of them)
/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDA.kext
/Extra/Extensions/ALC8xxxHDA.kext

Once these were removed i ran the MultiBeast with just 'System Utilities' selected and then rebooted the machine, as the post suggests the audio card was removed from the System Profiler.

Once rebooted i then ran MultiBeast again selecting the 'UserDSDT Install', 'System Utilities' and as the link above suggests the following from the 'Drivers & Bootloaders' section

Code:
Drivers & Bootloaders
+ Kexts & Enablers
  + Audio
    + Realtek ALC8xx
      + ALC8xxHDA
         AppleHDA Rollback
      + Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
        + ALC889

As others will point out i'm not sure the ACL889 is needed as it's under 'Non-DSDT HDAEnabler' but it worked for me.

Good luck

thanks very good sound ok

GSUSUK said:
pablin262004 said:
i have update to lion 7.2 and no sound
installed apple hda rollback and realtek extension and no sound too
problem please help!!!!

Ok i sorted my sounds fella, i'm not saying this is the right approach but it appears to have worked for me.

Have a read on the following link

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19468

My initial install was done using the DSDT for the MOBO but i done the following :-

As the above mentioned post suggested i removed a number of the *.kext files

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler*.kext (yes, all of them)
/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDA.kext
/Extra/Extensions/ALC8xxxHDA.kext

Once these were removed i ran the MultiBeast with just 'System Utilities' selected and then rebooted the machine, as the post suggests the audio card was removed from the System Profiler.

Once rebooted i then ran MultiBeast again selecting the 'UserDSDT Install', 'System Utilities' and as the link above suggests the following from the 'Drivers & Bootloaders' section

Code:
Drivers & Bootloaders
+ Kexts & Enablers
  + Audio
    + Realtek ALC8xx
      + ALC8xxHDA
         AppleHDA Rollback
      + Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
        + ALC889

As others will point out i'm not sure the ACL889 is needed as it's under 'Non-DSDT HDAEnabler' but it worked for me.

Good luck

I gave this a try but didn't work for me :(

Same mobo, just can't get the sound working no matter what I try

Had that problem with my ga-x58a UD7. Try to install again with sys utilities. If not do it a third time.

Khan said:
Had that problem with my ga-x58a UD7. Try to install again with sys utilities. If not do it a third time.

Yep, try again, and MAKE sure delete the ALL audio kexts inside the folder.

I'll try it again tonight.

Out of interest can you just delete kexts out of the System/Library/Extensions folder or do you have to remove them in a certain way?

Gambol said:
I'll try it again tonight.

Out of interest can you just delete kexts out of the System/Library/Extensions folder or do you have to remove them in a certain way?

Move to trash, delete. Then repair permissions and reboot is normally way i do it. Seems most effective ;)

I have no sound gigabyte ga-x58a-ud7. I tried several methods listed in the forum but nothing worked. One question: what are all the audio kext files such a way I can remove them before doing multibeast ? :oops:

[MAJ]: finally I was able to get audio correctly using the previous AppleHDA.kext (SL 10.6.7).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back