Intel Core i5 3.8 GHz 7600K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I don't have sound after Clover update from 4458 to 4497. No sound devices in Preferences. I have reverted back to 4458 and everything is working fine. It's not a big issue but if you don't remember how you've ruined your sound it might be painful to solve it. I've spent whole hour figuring out what's wrong until I realized that yesterday I've made an upgrade.

Hi,
I don't have sound after Clover update from 4458 to 4497. No sound devices in Preferences. I have reverted back to 4458 and everything is working fine. It's not a big issue but if you don't remember how you've ruined your sound it might be painful to solve it. I've spent whole hour figuring out what's wrong until I realized that yesterday I've made an upgrade.

Check your config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject to be certain it is using integer type, and not string.

Note: Not sure if that change in Clover is intentional or unintentional.

I don't quite get what you mean... In that field I had value 11 from the beginning and it was fine. After an upgrade I have checked if nothing has changed there and even tried modifying the values from 2, 5 and finished back on 11. Still no audio. Then I did roll-back to 4458 and sound just came back without any further modifications to config.plist.

I don't quite get what you mean... In that field I had value 11 from the beginning and it was fine. After an upgrade I have checked if nothing has changed there and even tried modifying the values from 2, 5 and finished back on 11. Still no audio. Then I did roll-back to 4458 and sound just came back without any further modifications to config.plist.
Clover 4458 use:
Code:
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>11</string>
</dict>
Clover 4497+ use:
Code:
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<integer>11</integer>
</dict>

OK now I get it. I use Clover Configurator so I don't see raw config.plist file. So it means that Clover Configurator puts wrong type in the file.

OK now I get it. I use Clover Configurator so I don't see raw config.plist file. So it means that Clover Configurator puts wrong type in the file.
No, it has changed in Clover.
If you use the latest Clover Configurator it will already be integer instead of string (see picture).

audio.png

Strange... I first updated Clover Configurator and then Clover boot loader. After update I had no sound so I started changing values in "Inject" field and still no sound even if I got back to 11. I'm not sure what happened but good to know where to look in case of problems. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back