Contribute
Register

No Sound! Check Sound output settings first before you panic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-ULTRA GAMING
CPU
i7 6600k
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just a quick observation - there are alot of issues about no sound after update and people blaming the new multibeast.

It's well worth checking your system settings are not on digital out rather than internal speakers! I thought my sound was not working only to find once i selected the correct output all was well!

Might save you some time..?

All,

Try and use iTunes or any media player to test your sound before you panic. My installation no longer has an audible alert tone when adjusting volume. I spent 2 hours trying to get sound working because my system didn't make any noise when I adjusted volume. One I played some music, I was shocked and overjoyed:) If you have a choice of sound outputs, you most likely have sound.

Spang1974

All,

Try and use iTunes or any media player to test your sound before you panic. My installation no longer has an audible alert tone when adjusting volume. I spent 2 hours trying to get sound working because my system didn't make any noise when I adjusted volume. One I played some music, I was shocked and overjoyed:) If you have a choice of sound outputs, you most likely have sound.

Spang1974

hahahha..... this is more or less what i did :)

I wish it was that easy.....

There are many issues with sound. You don't need to hear what you can't see in system preferences. NO DEVICE.

I finally got mine to work with a hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back