Contribute
Register

No sound after upgrading to High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
When using an AppleHDA injector, AppleHDA.kext itself should be vanilla.
Your kextcache output shows that AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext is patched.

Extracted a fresh new vanilla AppleHDA from installer, installed it to S/L/E with Kext Wizard, rebuilt kextcache.

Please see files attached. Sound is still not working through the speakers.

Attachments

• IORegistry.zip
    725 KB · Views: 54
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 66
  • RehabMan.zip
    119 KB · Views: 56
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
Extracted a fresh new vanilla AppleHDA from installer, installed it to S/L/E with Kext Wizard, rebuilt kextcache.

Please see files attached. Sound is still not working through the speakers.

It is probably that the XML (layout/pinconfigs/pathmaps) in the dummyHDA you're using is not matching your audio codec.

It is probably that the XML (layout/pinconfigs/pathmaps) in the dummyHDA you're using is not matching your audio codec.

Dummy was generated from AppleHDA Patcher v1.8. Quite sure I got the Codec correct according to the codec_dump generated from Linux.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Both AppleALC and AppleHDA patcher didn't work for me. If you could please, suggest something I can try?

Thanks and regards,
Bubumac

Attachments

• codec_dump.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 104
Dummy was generated from AppleHDA Patcher v1.8. Quite sure I got the Codec correct according to the codec_dump generated from Linux.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Both AppleALC and AppleHDA patcher didn't work for me. If you could please, suggest something I can try?

Thanks and regards,
Bubumac

You should check the pinconfigs/pathmaps in the AppleHDA components (eg. dummyHDA) to see if they match your codec dump.

Thanks and regards,
Bubumac

Sorry to bother you. I am very noob and sorry for my English. I have the same computer. I upgraded with DW 1560 M 2 wifi-BT combo card and 500 gb SSD. I installed sierra but i haven't succced wifi-bt and sound. I want to install a high sierra. Could you send me the EFI partition example? Did you solve the sound problem? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back